Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stainburn or Dalby?
  • hanchurch
    Free Member

Where would you go on your next day off with a mate?

tomhoward

Stainburn every time

Mugboo

Not sure they are really comparable. One is a largely tech free ride and a long one at that, the other is very high on tech an made up of shortish loops.

So Stainburn if you like testing your skillz, Dalby if you want to put some miles in.

trigrwoods
    Free Member

Stainburn for sure. Not very big but fun techy trails with some nice off piste trails in the woods opposite. Dalby bored me to be honest.

tomhoward

So Stainburn if you like testing your skillz, Dalby if you want to put some miles in. see if it’s possible to nap whilst riding your bike.

Ftfy 😉

hanchurch
    Free Member

Stainburn it is, never done it before and have already done Dalby anyway, thanks for the input!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I found Stainburn to be shite, mainly cos I’m not awzums on MASSIVE boulders, the other bit was also crap cos It takes about 15 mins, probably a lot less less. (but you can do it over & over & over & over & over again)
    I’m not that keen on Dalby either really cos It’s a trail centre as well, but I’d go there rather than Stainburn.

benji
    Free Member

Depends on your skill level, attack Dalby at speed and it’s a good couple of hours fun, take all the extra black sections, chuck some of the world cup in and it’s got a bit of everything, the half way section of fire road is it’s biggest mistake.

squoglybob
    Free Member

I,m not a fan Of either, But given the choice i’d rather do Dalby. Yes its boring and not techy but i’d just rather blat round that at speed than push up Stainburn.

withersea
    Free Member

Or go to Gisburn…

Pook

Or get a map and do a non trail centre ride

Pook

Sorry, should qualify that a bit. Combine the techy shortness of Stainburn with some natural stuff in the surrounding area. Best of both worlds

chestrockwell

Not sure they are really comparable. One is a largely tech free ride and a long one at that, the other is very high on tech an made up of shortish loops.

So Stainburn if you like testing your skillz, Dalby if you want to put some miles in.

This. If you go to Stainburn you can always drop down to Swinsty Res and do the loop round there.

There’s some great natural riding from Summerbridge, near Stainburn or all round Dalby heading from Pickering to Whitby and everywhere inbetween.

Also as above, I prefer Gisburn to both Dalby and Stainburn and it’s only another 40 to 50 mins from Stainburn.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Go natural 🙂

hanchurch
    Free Member

I fancy a trail centre, I ride from my “natural” from my front door a couple of times a week, Stainburn with an added loop could be the answer.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Dalby with added cheek/old stuff.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stainburn or Dalby?’ is closed to new replies.