Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stainburn – fallen trees
  • tomj
    Free Member

Was up at Stainburn this morning and unsurprisingly after yesterday’s winds there are a fair few branches down on the trails. I’ma mere mortal so only rode the red and the descent line. I tried to move what I could but theres a large tree blocking the climb in the woods on the red – will need a saw and another person to move it! TBH i was a bit disappointed because I’d been told my 650b would roll over trail obstacles but I had to lift it over this tree. Otherwise it seems ok, just a few little branches left but take care if riding the black as there’s probably a few more down in the woods there.

As an aside the trail was really good, fast and virtually no mud. Everytime I go there seems to be something new or improved. I don’t have the time to join with trail building – is there any way an honestly box could be put in the car park or local bike shops for people to donate to?

mrjmt
    Free Member

It’s singletraction that build there, just join them and pay your subs if you want to help.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

As above, you can donate on the SingletrAction website. All money goes into Tools and materials (also includes Dalby Forest and a few other small locations).

Mugboo

http://www.singletraction.co.uk/wp/

You can either join and choose one year or yearly renewal or just hit the donate button. All funds are welcome 🙂

I’ll let the boys know.

tomj
    Free Member

Thanks. I’d like to contribute because I’m local and love riding there but family comitments mean I can’t help with trail building. I’d happily pay a few quid each time to park, and I do feel a little guilty that such a great place is free for me. I’ll look at joining singletraction.
    The tree should be very easy to move with a couple of people and a saw – not sure about the black though.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

What the others said. Support in any form is great 😎

Another member would be lovely though, even if not “active” at trailbuilding days because more members can be useful in certain situations to show we’re a representative group that riders/people support. Up to you of course.

I’ll ping FC an email about trees after a look at the weekend.

Some income from an honesty box or the like would be nice although it would probably go to FC rather than SingletrAction (although we all work together to a decent degree). Unfortunately I doubt it would last given the remote and secluded nature of the car park.

grum
    Free Member

I live a little way away so the chances of me making it to dig are remote TBH – just like to say I think you’ve done a really good job at Stainburn. Well done to everyone involved.

Simon

That reminds me my SingletrAction membership needs renewing 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stainburn – fallen trees’ is closed to new replies.