Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Stain on gloss paint
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

I’ve just removed a wooden name plaque that was on a gloss white door and there is a yellowy/brown stain where it has been.

Am I going to have to repaint it or does anyone have a top tip ?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

ProTip: Replace the name plaque.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Am I going to have to repaint it or does anyone have a top tip ?

Put a ‘no junk mail, no cold callers, no religious fanatics’ poster up instead.

Or just paint the whole door in exterior gloss after preparing the door properly obviously.

moniex
    Free Member

Try WD40, great for removing anything sticky (combined with some elbow grease). Or CIF?

Simone

monkeychild
    Free Member

ProTip: Replace the name plaque.

😆 I would! But I have to give the house back.

Gary_M
    Free Member

mmm here’s a thought, buy a name plate the same size as the current one, remove current one and store in a safe place and replace with the one you’ve bought, when you give the house back remove the name plate you bought and replace with current name plate.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I should caveat that this is on an interior door!

twang
    Free Member

Oil paints go yellow quicker when they’re not exposed to light, which is what you’ve got behind your plaque. Nothing you can do but repaint.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Oil paints go yellow quicker when they’re not exposed to light, which is what you’ve got behind your plaque. Nothing you can do but repaint.

Thought this might be the case 🙁

Cougar

[Tedious but obligatory “gloss over the problem” joke]

monkeychild
    Free Member

[Tedious but obligatory “gloss over the problem” joke]

😆

Spoken to the agency and I don’t have to do anything 😀 *phew* Honesty is the best policy I guess!!

AlanMc100
    Free Member

Do you realise that this thread has lasted about 6x longer than it would have taken you to just man up & re-paint the bl**dy door !!
    (Actually, I totally sympathise, cos I hate gloss painting too)

monkeychild
    Free Member

Glossing is horrible. But, an hour to sand a door and.gloss it? You should be a painter!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Stain on gloss paint’ is closed to new replies.