• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by WTF.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Stagg Party
  • dux
    Free Member

Last week my good old pal asked me to be his Best Man. Great i'd be honoured, nervous about the speech but who wouldn't be. The wedding isn't till next september but i've started thinking about it already, this is where you come in.

Any ideas for the stagg do?

Most of us around 30-35 years old, in Lancashire. we certainly dont want to go anywhere near Blackpool. i was thinking an activity for the day with beer time later. We're all a bit past going to Magaluf/Amsterdam/Barca for 4 days an getting legless and there is a couple of the older generation coming along, dads,uncles etc

Clay pigeon shooting, paint balling, go-kart racing, things like that, so have you any ideas, stagg do's you went on and enjoyed?

Any ideas welcome

gavinski
    Free Member

Go Karts all the way,

clay pidgeons – good fun but lots of hanging about and it's not much of a spectator sport, plus the safety aspect of real firearms puts a dampener on any messing about.
    paintball – always sounds like it should be great, but every time i've been it's been a dissapointment, unless you have enough folk to have the whole place to yourself it gets frustrating with the other team cheating, plus they absolutely rob you for the pellets (I'm sure there are places that are better value and not robbing gets, but that was my experience)
    quads – just not as much fun as karts

If you can find them i'd suggest blo karts – windsurf sailed 3 wheeled karts – they are quick to set up, really intuitive for complete novices with a great learning curve that means within an hour or two you'll feel like you could win olympic sailing gold –

Mind you for mine i just went to a bothy and chilled out with whisky and a few close mates.

northshoreniall

for mine hired some canoes, paddled up stream and camped day one. Fire and beers that nite, then day two return to start with boats.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    momo

For my friends stag do we had half a day paintballing in the morning, followed by a go kart grand prix thing after lunch (both at the same centre – worked out at around £70 per person) and then back home for shower, and then out on the town for meal, beer and lap dancing.

We stayed in Lincoln (where most of us live) so there was no accomadation costs for any of us, those who did travel stayed at other peoples houses.

You'll probably be able to find an activity centre nearby that'll run similar events, our's was actually a stagg do special that the company ran.

swoosh
    Free Member

only one 'g' in stag! but at least you have avoided what my mate does and put two 'o's in do!

I had a weekend in Newquay with all my mates. was ace. great weather for beach and playing beach footy/surfing/speedminton/purving etc.

If i had just a day at home i would have had a karting event le mans style and then to the pub for late afternoon and the rest of the night. not that expensive for the whole day but also allows people to get involved in what they can/want

Pook

did one last week, white water rafting followed by a nice meal and then a pub tour in nottingham. Very civil, and very good fun.

fadda

Paintballing.

2hottie
    Free Member

Try Holmescales active centre in the lakes. My Uni organised a day out there and all was great. Paint balling which was great using an old plane as cover. They have Quad biking 4×4 driving, archery and clay pigeon shooting. Also they may have a new zip line in which goes over a quarry!!!

http://www.holmescales.com

mattster
    Free Member

Canal Boats. Simple.
    Accomodation sorted, as much beer as you can carry, stop off at pubs on the way, spend the day crashing barges and really **** off the water pikeys by driving too fast. Cheap to. Great few days

Wharfedale
    Free Member

http://www.rookinhouse.co.uk/staghengroups.php

Been here a couple of times, very good setup. They also have good accomodaction. Good pub about 1 mile down the road.

Keswick is about £15 in a taxi.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member
    convert

Favourite I've been on was Landyachting (Weston-Super-Mare). Admittedly nearly everyone there had been professional yachies or windsurf/sailing instructors who all took to it very quickly. 45mph down a beach was a blast.

I organised one for a mate last year:-

Friday night – got together at laid back campsite 1/2mile from Bat & Ball pub. Night in pub and mass fall of bikes on returning trip.

Sat am – Fly fishing. A bit left field but worked well with hangovers. Very few had done it before but a bit of relaxed instruction and bacon butties from the owner, and jobs a goodun.

Sat lunch – pub lunch and activites for the groom. Sent off to the corner shop in charity shop finest (repleat with p1ss stains) to buy the May issue of Milf monthly and a pocket pack of Kleenex (kept behind till) with 10p too little funds.

Sat pm – raft team building exercise. Nice bit of competition & lots of swimming on a boiling hot day.

Sat eve – Back at the campsite for a campfire. Cooked the fish from earlier and a barrel of locally brewed beer. Pretty mellow. Groom given wendy house to sleep in.

Sunday – 5 mile each way MTB along the SDW to cafe. Quick spin around QE country park "expert" route and return.

Sunday lunch – At the Bat & Ball pub, birth place of cricket for final pint and ploughmans in glorious sun watching the Hampshire WOMEN's cricket team play.

Stag party/weekend has to be right for the group and the groom but I think we got this one spot on for our gang.

dux
    Free Member

Thanks you lot, i like the idea of paintball with tanks, looks good Armourgeddon. As i said any ideas welcome, keep em' coming

coffeeking
    Free Member

We did this, got a discount for a large group too and ended up doign a half day with both rally and stunt driving combined for about 125 each:
    http://www.dynamic-drivers.co.uk/index.html

Went down very well, creating a good deal of competition amongst the group. Might be something similar closer to you?

WTF
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Stagg Party’ is closed to new replies.