Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stages powermeter….swapping from bike to bike
  • breninbeener

I have been looking at a Stages nds crank based power meter. My road bikes all run Shimano cranks with DA, Ultegra and SLX (on tourer). As they all have the same length cranks, can i just swap the Stages nds crank arm from one bike to the other depending what im riding?

Thanks

eskay

Yes, just swap it over. 3 or 4 minute job, I always use a torque wrench to 14Nm to tighten the pinch bolts.

schmiken

Yep, I regularly swap my MTB Stages from bike to bike. Super easy, although all are running XT cranks (so they match rather than compatibility reasons).

lunge

Yeah, should be easy. Check if the road and MTB cranks are interchangeable though, I fear they may not be.

breninbeener

Ok, so the swap of DA/Ultegra seems easy…it appears i will have to see if a road nds crank will fit on an slx chainset….

njee20
    Free Member

It won’t IIRC, the q-factor is very very different.

Edit: well it will, but it may hit your chainstays and the whole thing will be lopsided.

TiRed

Yes, just swap it over. 3 or 4 minute job

Tip : use the same pedals on all bikes so pedal removal isn’t needed. Otherwise it might take a bit longer 😉

sefton
    Free Member

yep I swap mine between turb0 bike and road bike – 2 min job!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

As per other replies, yes if its between road bikes, no (or unlikely) if its to fit a road non-drive side to a mtb drive side – the non drive side will most likely clash with the chainstay.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stages powermeter….swapping from bike to bike’ is closed to new replies.