Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stage coach. Performing arts schools.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Looking at putting the nipper in the local stage coach but before I do what are they like.? Worth the money.? Any hidden extra costs further down the line.?

midlifecrashes

I assume you’ve already looked at the fees? When you break it down to hourly rate for the teaching, it’s not quite so shocking, but still a lot of money. Both our daughters went for years, the elder has become a teenager and given up, but still gained loads from it. Check class sizes as a guide to value, maybe ask to see video of performance to see standards too, or sit in on a lesson. Not many extras for us to pay, there is a uniform but aside from the T shirt you don’t have to buy from them: Jazz shoes (£8-20), leggings or similar, uniform T-shirt. Our daughter was recently performing with them at West Yorkshire Playhouse so there was a few extra quid (£5?) travel, and cost of tickets for us to go in and see the show, but not vastly expensive. She has also been in the professional touring Joseph and the technicolour dreamcoat when that came to Doncaster. A good handful of the kids from her group have been on the telly, as was her drama teacher in one of the theatre talent shows. Later on they get the chance to use Stagecoach Agency for theatre jobs and ours offers exams through LAMDA scheme which is extra money too.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bump for the day shift.

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

No idea how much it costs cos my parents never told me and my sister… We were very fortunate. My sister went to Star FX Academy for years, not that she needed help with confidence but it helped her loads with growing up, she loved it. She also performed in the West End a load of times, and I did too with the company as a principle dancer, that experience alone is priceless (as someone not paying it felt priceless!)

So I reckon as long as the kid likes it, it’s definitely worth it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stage coach. Performing arts schools.?’ is closed to new replies.