Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stag Ideas – Lake District
  • 20thebear
    Free Member

Has anyone on here done any stag adventure days in the Lakes?
    Which company did you use?
    Were they any good and did you feel it was worth it?

tutgareth
    Free Member

not quite stag adventure but we did the altura trails at whinlatter (good bike hire and facilities), proceeded to keswick and got rather hammered then stayed at the royal oak in braithwaite before my mates wedding 😆 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did one here
    http://www.rookinhouse.co.uk/activity-packages/stag-and-hen/
    Didn’t stay as I lived local, taxi in to keswick and go Ape the next day?
    Via Ferata at Honister?
    Some 4×4 stuff in the south lakes too

I can’t suggest which late night drinking establishment as I can’t really remember 🙂

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I live in the lakes and I’m thinking of starting a stag do company (after reading this post).

Take you for a couple of mtb rides, Saturday night on the beers down Bowness, then my mate has a farm that we can use for the paintball venue, except the equipment we will be using is not compatable with paint balls, so technically it’s ‘metalbulleting’ instead but it’s the same idea with the same rules. Optional extras include pony trekking, group photographs and tickets to meet the polish women in some flat above one of the outdoors shops in Ambleside.

Get in touch if you would like to discuss group sizes and pricing.

20thebear
    Free Member

Not interested in the group photographs, but talk to me about these Polish women the pony trekking. 🙄

neninja
    Free Member

We did a Stag do in the Lakes a few years ago which we organised ourselves.

Via Ferrata at Honister
    Then some hiked and others rode over to Black Sail and spent the night at the youth hostel with plenty of beers and freshly made chilli.
    Following day did the red at Whinlatter

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Avoid the Coniston red-light district.

footflaps

I’ve heard the latest craze is to all wear comedy beards and robes and then go crawling, commando-style, through the snow and undergrowth near Langdale, Cumbria, praising Allah and the Chechen Mujahideen.

ads678

I went to rookin house last year for mine, then out in Keswick. Stayed in the luxury camping barn which was great accommodation for a group of pissed up lads. Got there Friday night and had a bbq and beers at the barn, then did archery, quad biking and some other 4×4 type thing Saturday then headed in to Keswick for beers.

was a good night out, some of the pubs weren’t to pleased having 14 drunken lads and a tiger(!) in the pub but we had no real problems. The nightclub the loft is a bit weird but was basically full of hen do’s and local lads looking at the hen do’s. The hen do ladies were more interested in the stag lads than the locals though it seemed.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I stayed here: http://www.gillsidecaravanandcampingsite.co.uk/bunkhouse.htm

Went kayaking on the lake and biking and had a private dining room at the Glenridding Hotel.

ampthill

Massive climbing wall in Kendal. Smaller one in Keswick
    Kankku for off road driving

jekkyl

swimming, mtbing, walking, eating & drinking – why do you need a company?

nealglover
    Free Member

the equipment we will be using is not compatable with paint balls, so technically it’s ‘metalbulleting’ instead but it’s the same idea with the same rules.
    Get in touch if you would like to discuss group sizes ….

I think a discussion regarding why the group sizes on the way home are significantly smaller than expected might be on the cards.

postierich
    Free Member

Penrith for a decent night out!

adventurer85
    Free Member

Try the guys at Nomad Events. Camping in Tipis by the river. Biking from Staveley, beer afterwards in the brewery, and Kendal is a surprisingly good night out. Crackin weekend!
    http://www.nomadevents.co.uk

postierich
    Free Member

Kendal is a crap night out trust me I have lived here for 2 years!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stag Ideas – Lake District’ is closed to new replies.