Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stag doo ideas please…
  • scruff9252

I am trying to arrange a stag doo for my mate and could do with some suggestions / ideas as I’m a bit stumped. the lead criteria I have been set are;

The group will be comparatively small at about 7-8 guys but mostly non active so mountain biking etc is out. One of the fathers’s has a dodgy knee / hip so go-carting / quad biking etc is out. The Stag is a bit of a foodie so wants to eat in a good restaurant and would quite like to go away for the weekend / 2 nights with one of those nights without the father’s.

One of the stumbling blocks is that the stag can get a bit over excited on the rare occasions when he has a big drinking session and can become VERY loud. Therefore I’m not so sure / apprehensive about his idea of going to Michelin star restaurant – There is a 50/50 chance it would go well, but equally it could end badly, ruin the evening for all the other diners and get us kicked out. perhaps I’m just being paranoid though.

I thought about trying to find a cook school somewhere we could spend the afternoon cooking then eating in the school in a private dining room..?

I’m looking for ideas within a couple of hours from Edinburgh and ideas of where to stay too.

ta

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Bierkeller

gonzy
    Free Member

coke and hookers….nothing else matters 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fasthaggis

Clay pigeon shooting and a brewery tour ,followed by some good scoff.

Shooting

Brewery

Scoff and accommodation

mos

For the love of god please don’t go to Whitby. It’s like a crapper version or Merthyr Tydfil.
    I found this out about 6 weeks ago.

tiggs121
    Free Member

How about a retro idea……a few beers down the local pub with your pals. Is there really a need to follow fashion?
    You could play dominos and pool and have a lsugh getting pissed. Boot polish on grooms feet and stamp them on the bar ceiling.
    That’s what I did….25 years ago!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Best stag do I went on there were about 12 -14 of us hires a boat / yacht with skipper and sailed over the the Isel of white, few beers with lunch, then back for evning entertainment. Obv the destination would be no good for you but the idea might work. You did not have to do anything as a passenger and could have a go at steering, cost was reasoble, entire w/e was about 120 including camping, beers, meal at an Italian and sailing.

binners

There can surely be only one place on the shortlist….

The Northern Riviera

😀

dragon
    Free Member

Women’s only train carriage 😆

Newcastle maybe?

Cougar

One of the fathers’s has a dodgy knee / hip so go-carting / quad biking etc is out.

would quite like to go away for the weekend / 2 nights with one of those nights without the father’s.

Does the latter not resolve the former? Have a refined day with the olds going to your fancy restaurant, and a messy one without them going quad-biking and then getting trousered.

martymac

nice restaurant, go watch the edinburgh capitals (ice hockey) then into town and have a few (dozen) beers?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stag doo ideas please…’ is closed to new replies.