Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stag do…but different
  • Skipper
    Free Member

My stag party is fast approaching…but as my best man and a couple of other mates are travelling from overseas there is little option but to have it on the Wednesday before our Friday wedding. Now, the best man normally organises the stag but as he's not here it more or less falls to me.

There will only be four or so of us that can make the Wednesday and I'm slightly at a loss as to what to do. Really not keen to just get mashed and looking for some ideas as to what we could do. Really would appreciate some ideas!

Oh…we're in rural Dorset….near Tarrant Monkton.

Help please!

backhander
    Free Member

Bristol isn't too far from you. Avoid corn st, hit whiteladies, park st and on to the centre where there are some "accomodating" clubs.
    If abroad then Riga, Latvia.

richcc
    Free Member

If you're in Bristol then I think we went to the Platinum Club – somewhere behind the theatre. IIRC I helped a lovely young girl from Bath Spa University buy some books for her course – nice to be able to give a bit back!

backhander
    Free Member

I hear that central chambers on the centre is a bit better. Nicer girls…apparently.

luke
    Free Member

Tarrant Monkton, thats where we had our wedding reception 2 weeks after the Langton's little fire.
    Clay shooting near Wareham
    Go Karting near Salisbury
    Some other options, go riding in the Purbecks, or Uk bike park, Hire a boat and much around in Poole harbour, also various other watersports in the area.
    Then there's Wiggle, fyeo and spearmint rhino's in Bournemouth, plus a couple of seedier places.
    There's always the Blandford pub crawl, 1 drink in each drinking establishment, but that's not the same since the G-spot has gone.

white101

I helped a lovely young girl from Bath Spa University buy some books for her course

Good to see that some students are keen to work off there debt with a valuable piece of pubic service…sorry public service

iain1775
    Free Member

Gower peninsula
    Coasterring or biking at Afan and then Mumbles mile or Swansea pubcrawl in evening

CaptJon
    Free Member

Did everyone miss the word 'different'?

luke
    Free Member

zorbing

backhander
    Free Member

Ok north wales, Snowdon via crib goch, climb tryfan, ride penmachno and betws y coed, whitewater rafting at bala and perhaps a quiet night in llandudno?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Down in/near Wareham forest there's a venue that do quads/clay/buggys & driving a Land Rover that steers the opposite way to normal, whilst blindfolded – was a hoot when we did it!

tails
    Free Member

hire out a boat go along river stop at pubs, have bbq, take a spud gun, maybe a little weed if thats your thing, chat, smile, laugh, laugh till you cry, camp out by the river, spot some cool wildlife, skim some stones. spring has sprung.

saleem
    Free Member

No matter what you do you should always head away, London,Brum, Brighton, you could always go skydiving.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Waxing and massage session at a local spa

DrP

Henley Hillbillies. Job done…..

DrP

Skipper
    Free Member

Great…thanks! Plenty to work with there. Much appreciated 🙂

convert

Wednesday night is never going to be lots of fun in a pub/club with only 4 of you to make the atmosphere so you need to do you own thing. Can Wednesday include Wednesday night/evening?

Assuming the others are outdoor orientated a more memorable event would be an "adventure". Set off from point x on bikes, maybe head to the coast via nice country pubs. Trip out on a touristy fishing boat trip (easy to sort in your area, thinking lyme regis type location) and catch your own mackerel supper. Head to beach or campsite(check out cool camping for nice ones in your area) that allows camp fires for a chilled out few beers and evening cooking your catch. Replace sea fishing with trip to fishery if you want to keep it inland and it works better with camping location.

Or…. there is a place not a million miles from you (I think near Devizes) where you can hire canoes and paddle down the river, camping out on the bank along the way. They pick you back up however far down the river you arrange the next day. Again, mellow chat, small fires and chilled beers and all pretty memorable which is what it is all about. I can find out the details of the place if you want them.

I've always felt activities that allowed a bit of a group love in and discussion where you can work together, chat and "bond" whilst doing what you are doing work better than solo activities where you can only talk about it afterwards (thinking gokarts etc).

Skipper
    Free Member

Convert – that is exactly the kind of thing I was aiming at. Those ideas sound mighty fine and with a bit of adapting I think could be perfect. Thanks 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stag do…but different’ is closed to new replies.