Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stag-do weekend in Cheltenham + the cheese rolling
  • fatmax

Hi folks
    There is a group of us descending on Cheltenham tomorrow for a stag. Can anyone recommend any nice pubs for an evening session on the pop, and a nice / lively club for later?
    We are then attending the cheese rolling on Monday with the aim of at least the stag and best man partaking! Any advice? Do we need to get there early, how do you maximise chances of entering, decent local pub, anything to avoid etc?
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Fraser

jonnyclaridge
    Free Member

Cheese rollers has been cancelled due to safety issues – there is a unofficial one – but its really not that great – honest.

Depends on what kind of stag-do really.

Best pubs in Cheltenham are in the montpellier area – but stag do’s might be frowned upon a little.

Beehive – has a beer festival – great pub
    Retreat – Lively and younger crowd
    All bar one – great atmosphere.

Hit subtone in the eveing – great club with loads of different types of music

In my opinion.

fatmax

Bump?

mboy
    Free Member

Subtone the only club in Cheltenham worth going to… The rest are all nasty, cheesy, chain type clubs. Several rooms and lots or different music in Subtone too, and the clientele there are generally easier on the eye than elsewhere!

The rest as jonnyclaridge said. Montpellier area is where the better bars/pubs are, closer to town they become more cheesy chain type if you get me.

Scamper
    Free Member

As above really – keep to that area and you can’t go wrong. Got kicked out of a Montpellier club on my stag do – thought it best to strip myself rather than wait the inevitable. Go figure. One out, all out and the rest of the night went without a hitch. Oh, and you are close to Charlie’s chips too.

fatmax

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Sounds good advice and you all seem to agree!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stag-do weekend in Cheltenham + the cheese rolling’ is closed to new replies.