• This topic has 65 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Stag-do rules?
  • nickf
    Free Member

I must be the only person who thinks that stag events are massively overplayed.

Under no circumstances do I want to be handcuffed to a lamp-post. Nor do I ever want a stripper to turn up and do a not-even-remotely-sexy removal of my clothing. And I’m still angry, 20 years on, that someone shaved off my left eyebrow on my stag night. That oh-so-hilarious jape made the wedding photos just so much better.

yoshimi

Rules are too much like hard work to be enforced, after a few pints can you be bothereed – I like this though….

One rule used on a couple of do’s I went on in my distant past was the stag do book, an a5 hardback book and every woman you met, bumped into, etc had to write something in the book for the groom, works quite well, but remember to either destroy it or hide it well at the end of the do

Also ‘don’t look at the circle’ can be fun – step one, form a circle with your thumb and index finger, step 2, if anyone* looks at it give them a dead-arm, simple 🙂

*others on the stag-do not just the general public

nealglover
    Free Member

Flip a coin,call it; get it right pass it on. get it wrong two fingers or gamble with another flip of the coin…wrong? 4 fingers, get it correct pass the forfeit on to next person, who can flip…for 6 fingers…starts to get really personal.

That needs another rule I would think.

Otherwise people can just keep “gambling” and eventually call one correctly and pass it on.

A drinking game where nobody gets drunk except the last bloke, and he dies :mrgreen:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grum
    Free Member

atlaz +1

jfletch
    Free Member

The coin flip game is being done wrong as explained above. Its proper name is arrogance.

-Start with an empty glass.
    -First player adds a quantity of his own drink to the glass, flips the coin, heads he drinks the drink; tails, he passes the glass to the next player.
    -Second player then adds any quantity of his own drink to the glass, flips etc. etc.

Hence why it is called arroagance! When played on hoilday you can end up with some fruity concoctions. There is always some pr*** who thinks it is funny to drink baileys!

atlaz
    Free Member

Not at all. I like a night out but I don’t really find the ritualised humiliation of a mate (or myself) that fun. I’ve been on stag nights with mates (the stag) who WANT to do that and that’s fair enough as it’s their night out but inflicted on you by friends seems harsh. Having looked after a close friend who had his drinks spiked by other friends and family on his 21st, I’m not a fan of that sort of thing being sprung on people.

hels
    Free Member

OMG. Are 12 year olds allowed to get married now ?? That’s news.

Don’t forget your fake IDs for the titty bar now lads.

What atlaz said plus about 20 years of growing up.

JEngledow
    Free Member

This may not be everyone’s idea of fun, but the stag and everyone coming will (hopefully) enjoy it which is what matters. No-one will be made to do anything they don’t want to and we’re not going to humiliate the stag, as it’s not what he wants. Thanks for the useful ideas, I like the beer mat one and may have to go with no swearing or pointing 😉

klumpy
    Free Member

Some stag do things I’ve done that were awesome:
    Paintball, karting, mountain biking, coasteering, a meal with some adults talking enthusiastically about the paintball, karting, mountain biking, or coasteering.

Stag do weekend that could have been grindingly dull and awful:
    Racing to finish the next pint, again and again, for three nights in a row in order to be “hardest”. What made it fun was that I knew there was no way I could keep up, so a few pints in when people’s vision went wobbly, I’d drink an inch or two from my glass, then swap my glass with someone who only had an inch or two left. All night. Every night.

I bounced out of bed at 11:00 am every day fresh faced and ready for brekkie after apparently going pint for pint with them and they thought I was well ‘ard!

(I quite liked the strip club too.)

ourmaninthenorth

Me too.

Went on a joint stag and hen do recently (a s-h-a-g do). We played in the trees at a Go Ape centre, and then went for a very pleasant meal that evening.

I’ve been badly enough behaved in my youth not to need to try hard at it as an adult. Drinking games FFS.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Rules are made to be broken.

Just get a kitty going at the beginning of the night and be done with it.

I do think it’s funny if everyone dresses up except the stag though.

kilo

STW Puritans out in force then, I see no point in ritual humiliation of grooms or strip clubs however a spot of hedonism, bonding with your mates and reliving your mis-spent earlier years with heavy drinking and drinking games before settling down to married life can be fun, (but obviously not for the holier than thous here who’d rather read an improving book in front of a log burner whilst drinking a pint of fair trade yoghurt)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

reliving your mis-spent earlier years

Where are you from and what have you taken?

RealMan
    Free Member

but obviously not for the holier than thous here who’d rather read an improving book in front of a log burner whilst drinking a pint of fair trade yoghurt

Nearly covered my screen in food there.

Wozza
    Free Member

I’ve got a list somewhere of 50 challenges for the stag to complete all are fun and it keeps you all busy. Drop us an email if you want a copy sending over.

Eg

21. Wheelie a bike (2 points)
    24. Pull your own pint in a pub. (1 point)
    26. Get somebody to deep fry you a Kendal mint cake. (3 points)

ransos
    Free Member

Some stag do things I’ve done that were awesome:
    Paintball, karting, mountain biking, coasteering, a meal with some adults talking enthusiastically about the paintball, karting, mountain biking, or coasteering.

This. My best man organised coasteering followed by a curry, pub crawl and a bad nightclub. Great time had by all.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Have a kitty
    Best man in charge of kitty
    Tequila with every round
    Stand back and enjoy

Rules are for, well people who enjoy rules 😉

hammerite
    Free Member

A couple of games, but no rules from me.

Drink will you think: Very straight forward, word or subject association, can link it together by initials (last letter of previous word becomes first letter of your word). While you’re thinking of an answer you must be drinking.

Pub noughts and crosses. Expensive and will get you very drunk. Set out 9 pints on a table in a 3×3 grid and use them to play noughts and crosses. Someone is noughts, the other is crosses. Whoever is noughts makes a move by downing their pint. The person who is crosses makes a move by downing half of their pint. Whoever loses the game has to drink whatever beer is left on the table.

Or how about a game of spoof (not my website!)

Taff
    Free Member

Copied the stag laws sheet we had for Madrid…

This is the most important 30 minutes if your life. Remember it, live it, cherish it! Ignorance is not an excuse!!!
    Laws
    1. The following Laws will apply at all times
    a. Time Master
    b. Dance Master
    c. Freeze Master
    d. Thumb Master
    e. Elbow Master
    f. Not saying the ‘D’ word
    g. Not saying the ‘M’ word
    h. Safety of beverage is paramount
    i. No pointing
    j. Wrong hand penalties with pinkie
    k. Drink Cricket
    l. Tip your glass
    2. You will keep and protect your card and egg on your person at all times – the last person to present either upon request will be punished
    3. There are no short-cuts; a beverage must be consumed and never abandoned
    4. Everyone must remain in character for the duration of Saturday day and Sunday night
    5. All punishments must be accepted and fulfilled if ruled by the majority

If anyone breaks the Laws, they will incur an on-the-spot fine. Fines will also be noted and collated to further punish repeat offenders.
    Characters
    Saturday Day and Travel – German theme
    Sunday Night – Mario Kart – Double Dash
    – Barney Webb – Princess Peach – Team Peach
    – Ben Guzman – Wario – Team Wario
    – Chris Fensom – Waluigi – Team Wario
    – Chris Walton – Toad – Team DK
    – Emyr Griffiths – Luigi – Team Mario
    – James Kavanagh – Koopa Troopa – Team Troopa
    – James Stroud – Donkey Kong – Team DK
    – Luke Small – Yoshi – Team Peach
    – Neil Martin – Mario – Team Mario
    – Shaun Kavanagh – Paratroopa – Team Troopa
    Double Dash
    Double Dash is played in teams highlighted above. You are to drink whatever the other team member drinks and perform any punishment that your team member is punished with – this includes breaching of the rules or the selection of a card for either team member.

Cards
    Cards must be shown by placing on your forehead upon request. Any 2 or more cards that are the same results in those individuals having to down their first beverage in every bar we visit. Cards will be selected at random where if the same suit comes up, the individuals have to down a drink of another’s choice, and if the same card comes up, they have to consume any alcohol they are given in one pint glass. Any ineligible cards receive maximum fine.
    Helpful Spanish Words/Phrases
    – Dáme una cerveza (beer me)
    – Quiero mi mami (I want my mummy)
    – Jodé el coño de donde viniste (I f*** the p***y where you came from)

nickf
    Free Member

This is the most important 30 minutes if your life. Remember it, live it, cherish it! Ignorance is not an excuse!!!
    Laws
    1. The following Laws will apply at all times
    a. Time Master
    b. Dance Master
    c. Freeze Master
    d. Thumb Master
    e. Elbow Master
    f. Not saying the ‘D’ word
    g. Not saying the ‘M’ word
    h. Safety of beverage is paramount
    i. No pointing
    j. Wrong hand penalties with pinkie
    k. Drink Cricket
    l. Tip your glass
    2. You will keep and protect your card and egg on your person at all times – the last person to present either upon request will be punished
    3. There are no short-cuts; a beverage must be consumed and never abandoned
    4. Everyone must remain in character for the duration of Saturday day and Sunday night
    5. All punishments must be accepted and fulfilled if ruled by the majority

If anyone breaks the Laws, they will incur an on-the-spot fine. Fines will also be noted and collated to further punish repeat offenders.
    Characters
    Saturday Day and Travel – German theme
    Sunday Night – Mario Kart – Double Dash
    – Barney Webb – Princess Peach – Team Peach
    – Ben Guzman – Wario – Team Wario
    – Chris Fensom – Waluigi – Team Wario
    – Chris Walton – Toad – Team DK
    – Emyr Griffiths – Luigi – Team Mario
    – James Kavanagh – Koopa Troopa – Team Troopa
    – James Stroud – Donkey Kong – Team DK
    – Luke Small – Yoshi – Team Peach
    – Neil Martin – Mario – Team Mario
    – Shaun Kavanagh – Paratroopa – Team Troopa
    Double Dash
    Double Dash is played in teams highlighted above. You are to drink whatever the other team member drinks and perform any punishment that your team member is punished with – this includes breaching of the rules or the selection of a card for either team member.

Cards
    Cards must be shown by placing on your forehead upon request. Any 2 or more cards that are the same results in those individuals having to down their first beverage in every bar we visit. Cards will be selected at random where if the same suit comes up, the individuals have to down a drink of another’s choice, and if the same card comes up, they have to consume any alcohol they are given in one pint glass. Any ineligible cards receive maximum fine.
    Helpful Spanish Words/Phrases
    – Dáme una cerveza (beer me)
    – Quiero mi mami (I want my mummy)
    – Jodé el coño de donde viniste (I f*** the p***y where you came from)

I’d have run a mile from that; for pity’s sake, the first sentence has a spelling mistake. And rules……nah, not for me.

Off to knit some sustainably-sourced yogurt.

Drac

ie ten bottles of Becks and line them up.

Well that’s me out before even starting.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Assuming that MrsPJM1974 does eventually relent and let me marry her, then I’m going to have one of the dullest stag dos ever.

I’m attempting to quit boozing so it’ll have to be a sober weekend of biking for me…

Taff
    Free Member

dullest stag dos eve

sober weekend of biking for me

There’s a contradiction here!!

deviant
    Free Member

Never really ‘got’ drinking games myself….always seemed like it’s trying to force the fun a little, just find a bar that’s got a late enough license and drink….you’ll get the same result.

Been on two decent stag-dos abroad, one in Prague which was understandably filth orientated….and one in Amsterdam which was drugs biased, i wont lie it was amusing watching mates who dont usually take drugs getting stoned.

Havent really needed any rules as nobody so far has been stupid enough to cheat while on a stag-do and not expect the others to talk about it once back home!

Tom-B
    Free Member

If I had a choice between going out on the town for a ‘laddish’ stag do or sitting infront of a log burner reading and drinking fairtrade youghurt, the latter would win 10 times out of 10….

Each to there own I guess!

hora
    Free Member

My only rule is don’t get into a fight or act like a total tit to anyone.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Stag-do rules?’ is closed to new replies.