Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stag do on the bike
  • crispo
    Free Member

Need suggestions for a stag do weekend for mountain biking. Needs to be UK based, can have a weekend of good riding with a couple of decent nights out too.

Have done the lakes a lot and Edinburgh too so some other suggestions?

Thanks

bigh
    Free Member

Cheltenham, close ish to Forest of dean?
    Castleton for Peaks riding if you want more hills/scenery

chakaping
    Free Member

What do you call a decent night out?

project
    Free Member

LLandegla then stay in Liverpool overnight

scotroutes

Somewhere in the Lakes again? They might appreciate the extra income.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

We go on a lads biking holiday most years.

Base ourselves in or just outside Dumfries.

That opens the door for:

Dalbeattie

Kirroughtree

Ae Forest

Mabie

We love it & always have a great time.

As for a good night scene, dare I say Dumfries? – It’s a good laugh if nothing else (Apologies to any residents) Plenty of pubs to choose from.

Hope you have a blast wherever you go.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Thetford then you can go go ape also wild traks just down the road while staying at centre parks.

If I ever get married (not if I can help it) (all women are evil) that is what I’d want.

chakaping
    Free Member

Manchester or Sheffield and the Peak District? If you’re after a proper night out.

chakaping
    Free Member

But the last stag I went to was in Innerleithen and it was ace. Just ride the Golfie trails BEFORE the big night out.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

The only MTB stag do I went on was a C2C, with an overnight stop in Alston. Bearing in mind it was only something like September they were having their annual Christmas party that night! Something about getting snowed in over Christmas itself. ‘Twas getting a bit rowdy when we retired from the pub, 100+ tanked-up local lads and just a couple of girls wasn’t a recipe for a quiet relaxing night sipping cocktails at a quiet al fresco table…

jaylittle
    Free Member

Nidderdale…… Howstean Gorge offer Stag Party Packages. They will even transport you to Harrrogate for a night out or over to Masham (Theakston & Blacksheep Brewery).

http://www.howstean.co.uk/group-activities/stag-do/

ThePinkster

The only MTB Stag I ever did was bunkhousing in November in Betws, riding Penmanchno & the Marin. 4 seasons in one day doesn’t cover it – I started developing hypothermia and the way back to the bunkhouse, stuff came out of the drying room wetter than it went in, everyone was in bed by about 8:30 the evening after the ride, trying to recover…

I’ll never do one again.

alexpalacefan

For the riding bit:

Some sort of music (phone and Bluetooth speaker?)
    Stag dressed up. Tutu is popular.

APF

philjunior
    Free Member

Don’t put the stag in frilly brightly coloured girl’s knickers. They chafe even when worn over lycra.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I had my stag do in Buxton of all places and it was great. We went go-karting at the out door track on top of the hill in the rain, had a night out round the pubs in Buxton and then a ride in the Peak on the Sunday. It meant that more people could be included/invited since it wasn’t just those into riding.
    Admittedly, the night life isn’t ‘wild’ in Buxton but for me it’s more about the company – so long as it’s warm and serves good beer, what more could you want?!

For a bit more of a lively night out, how about Sheffield? Lots of riding options – Greno/ Warncliffe, Parkwood, numerous Peak District loops within a short drive.

colin9

I went on a quieter one, it involved a 20 mile or so ride around local trails stopping at all the pubs on the way. You could use this as a second day option after an epic ride day or something.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My ‘do’ was at the Punchbowl in Reeth.

Enlivened by a student theme night on the Saturday in the pub with lots of serving wenches and flagons of mead.

Made the Sunday ride over lead mines more of a effort than usual.

cokie

We’ve got one booked at BPW.
    All of us booked onto the uplift and a few renting bikes.
    BPW will cater for all abilities too.
    Cardiff is close and cracking night out.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Stay in Bristol and go to FoD for the uplift one day. Session Ashton Court, or go to the Mendips for the next?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

dont go to meryth tydfil

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stag do on the bike’ is closed to new replies.