Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stag do in Berlin
  • cobrakai

It’s my stag in Berlin tomorrow. A mixture of mates from home in Ayrshire, ex-workmates from the army and current ATC workmates. With that mixture I don’t have a clue what’s going to happen.

Pray for me.

rogermoore

Hope you have a good time!

I went to Berlin on a stag do at a pretty similar time last year, but was a bit of a damp squib as we never really took the time to venture that far around the place (it’s huge!) and ended up getting stuck in the same places. With hindsight, we should have taken one of the open top tourist-y type bus tours to get our bearings before the ensuing drinking started.

Dunno what the weather is like there now but it was fooking freezing when we were there – day and night.

RM.

cobrakai

Weathers looking good. Dry but chilly. Been there with the other half and loved it. Got a beer bike for sat. Other than that I’ve been kept in the dark!

jambalaya
    Free Member

you can get into quite a lot of trouble in Berlin !

cobrakai

I’ve stipulated no nazi fancy dress or striped PJ’s.

olddog

It’s been a long time since I was there – but the best bars/clubs were in the old East. The clubs don’t really get going til after 2/3pm though.

Loads of c20 history stuff to look at and easy transport on U-Bahn.

… and don’t use the gents toilets in Hermannplatz after dark!!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Tresor was an ace club. Segway tour pricey but WELL worth it, especially if you get the wee London asian tour guy that played in a metal band 🙂

Kreutzberg good for pubs.

Berlin is hard to pub crawl around as things are so far apart, but good trains, and folk drink beer while walking from place to place.

GREAT turkish kebab take away shops/cafes, honestly, these are really good quick lunch/dinners, AND they serve beer for £1.50 or so. Oh the beer is so good, I’m jealous! Space for one more? 😉

ce9adp
    Free Member

Berghain / Panorama bar. That is all…

chakaping
    Free Member

The clubs don’t really get going til after 2/3pm though.

Hardcore!

Edukator
    Free Member

A cautionary tale to listen to before heading out:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wRwUcezEII&list=RD-wRwUcezEII#t=197[/video]

Duggan

Berlin is by far and away my favourite place.

Schleisses Tor U-Bahn stop in Kreuzberg is the place to go for a good night out- loads of cool bars, clubs and Watergate is nearby. If you’re on a stag you might want to stick to the more commercial places nearer Mitte though to actually get you all in a bar.

The clubs are awesome but it goes without saying if you want to get in you’ll need to split into pairs and try your luck- if you look like a gay couple so much the better. The ones that don’t get in will have to take it on the chin and amuse themselves elsewhere. 100% for sure you won’t all get in though.

I have to say, there seems like an awful lot of potential for carnage on stag do in Berlin with ex-army types 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stag do in Berlin’ is closed to new replies.