Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Stag do in Bath. Inspire me!
  • zbonty

Bath:great place for a weekend with the other half. Not so great for a stag party, surely?

Pencilled in for weekend of 16/17th September. Nowadays my drinking boots are’nt as large as they once were and definitely not as comfy the day after! The longer we’re not in the pub the better. Any top tips for activity/food/group accommodation in the area?

phil.w
    Free Member

Stag do without much drinking? Sounds like you’ll be interested in the thermae spa and the costume museum. And maybe after that you’ll just have time to see Mr. Darcy at the Jane Austen place. 🙂

My only serious suggestions are a track day at Castle Combe, and I think Bath are playing at home that weekend. Obviously there is all the usual activities around like paint-balling etc if that’s what you want to do.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mr. Darcy

I may even be over there working 😀

Not dissing Bath of course, as it’s a lovely spot, but would Brizzle not be better for a stag do?

phil.w
    Free Member

Deadly at work on the weekend…

Stuey01
    Free Member

Bath are playing Exeter Chiefs at home on the Saturday of that weekend. That would be excellent for a stag do if you can get tickets.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆 @ phil.w

Agreed about going to a rugby game at The Rec…it’s a lovely place to watch Rugby. Just a pity it’s Bath that play there 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, proper West Country rugby would be great fun!

Beer at the Raven is vital. They ride bikes, too!

Harry_the_Spider

There’s a fantastic crazy golf course.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Beer at the Raven is vital. They ride bikes, too!

Nice spot indeed…just a pity about the muppet that runs it 😀

(user timraven here)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s you barred, Darcy! 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve ridden with Tim on his funny bike…top chap he is 🙂

llama

See many more hens than stags here in bath. Maybe thats a reason for coming here?

Rugby would be good – bang in the center of town. Can’t think of anything else apart from beer and a nightclub in a cellar. What about a canal boat ride? I think there’s one that does a dinner on board sort of job. Oh yes here it is: canal me up captain

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Canal is indeed a nice trip, as long as it’s nice weather. Maybe a little sedate for a stag weekend, though?

I went on a rather lovely meander along the canal to Bath once, with a young lady from Freshford. *Drifts off in a whistful reverie about her for a moment….*.

Lovely way to pass the day, but not really ideal for a stag, I would say.

alfabus
    Free Member

round of ‘whack the ball and laugh’ golf in victoria park?

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve done two in Bath now, both were good. First one we took a canal boat in from Seend. One man does the lock-gates everyone else gets a pint in and the inevitable pub. Its pretty sedate but its nice to hang out with mates. Gives you somewhere to stay the city centre, too. Second one we did karting at Castle Coombe (They do track days and off roading, too) then into town. Mostly pubs, clubs and drinking, though.

zbonty

A few ideas then. I know nothing of rugby but might be worth a visit.
    I think the dress museum will go down a storm. I’ll be sure to share out some leaflets for that one!
    Stick with tradition and embrace the lash up. Drinking can be fun after all!

Straightliner

As many of the others have said, not that many ‘non-cultural’ things to do, but another way to kill an hour or two is hiring rowing boats for a couple of hours on the Avon. Good for a bit of competition and burning off some energy.

transapp
    Free Member

I see the stag / hen parties every weekend and often think what the hell do they do? Decent pubs, good grub and lots of cultural stuff.
    Rugby is good, but as a Leicester supporter it’s of limited appeal!
    Bring the bike? There’s some pretty good trails within site of the city centre!
    Oh, and the night clubs are truely, gob smackingly awful.
    Enjoy

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Nobody’s mentioned the Ghost or Comedy Walks yet..

http://www.ghostwalksofbath.co.uk/

http://www.bizarrebath.co.uk/

As well as the Raven, make sure you get in The Star and The Old Green Tree.

Home

As well as the river based stuff how about a walk up one of the hills to Beckfords Tower (you could get the park and ride back)

Bath Preservation Trust

Or there’s the ‘tower’ tour of Bath Abbey

http://www.bathabbey.org/tower_tours1.htm

At the other end of the market – I’m sure you won’t be interested 🙂 -a couple of ladies turned up at a rugby club / 50th party I went to recently to put on a ‘show’ – they even gave out their cards at the end (didn’t keep one but could give you the www ad!!)(I must live a sheltered life, I never knew such ‘services’ were available in Bath)

Philby

Another vote for seeing Bath Rugby at the Rec – been on 2 stag does which have involved a few beers followed by rugby, and then several more beers. The Rec really is an amazing and unique place to watch rugby. There used to be a couple of clubs that were fairly easy for groups of guys to get into.

loum
    Free Member

Hi Philby,
    Do you remember the names of those 2 clubs please. i’m possibly going to Bath this weekend with about 10 mates, would be nice to know we’ll get in somewhere.

krag
    Free Member

There used to be a nightclub called Cadillacs (aka Shagallacs), it was pretty dodgy even when I there as a student.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you 🙂

Philby

@loum – sorry too much beer had by then. One was one on North Parade near the Rec.

phil.w
    Free Member

One was one on North Parade near the Rec

That’ll be Po Na Na.

petefromearth

if you’re looking for accommodation i can recommend the YHA which is up the hill in Bathwick (i think). nice georgian building, good breakfast. bit of a slog at the end of the night though!

agreed that all the clubs i’ve been to in Bath are a bit rubbish (especially Po Na Na) but there are some really good pubs and bars

there’s lots to do in the mendips (paintball etc) and some good riding as well

loum
    Free Member

Thanks for all the tips. on the way there now for the Bath Bristol rugby match. Will try all the sugested venues, at the end of the night all we really need is somewhere to let us in. we’ll make our own fun once inside 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

all we really need is somewhere to let us in

Go stealth….

Split up in to groups of two or three.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Stag do in Bath. Inspire me!’ is closed to new replies.