Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stag do help!
  • spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Right, I am organising my own stag do and need a bit of advice help!

Its gonna be in July, heading up to the lake district on the thursday, doing a few activities on the thurs and fri with everyone and then they are all buggering iff leaving a couple of us ti go biking sunday through to wednesday.

As we are in the lakes we are planning to do the north face trail and whinlatter, but from there, not too sure, do we head up to scotland and do some of the 7Staines or head south (we live in portsmouth). I wanna do new stuff so, llandegla, afan, cyb, cannock and cym carm are off the agenda

Any opinions?

gasyz
    Free Member

Head south.Revolution bike park uplift at llangynog mid wales is excellent,Then night on the piss in Shrewsbury and head to Longmynd(church stretton) for some natural riding and maybe onto Hopton woods brilliant red grade trail.
    Theres also the mtb marathon at Marshbrook on sat july 13th.

crispo
    Free Member

Stay in the lakes!!

There is an so much more than just grizedale and whinlatter up there!! Some classic routes right on the doorstep. If your doing whinlatter stay in Keswick and do Borrowdale Bash or Skidaw. Down near grizedale the natural stuff (parkamoor and Claife heights) are fantastic too.

Another good option in the lakes, as it’s a stag, go to staveley, ride around Kentmere then finish at the Hawkshead Brewery!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

As we are in the lakes we are planning to do the north face trail and whinlatter, but from there, not too sure,

Its the lake district, there are hundreds of awesome trails, yet you choose to ride two average trail centres then bugger off somewhere else. Madness.

paulo123
    Free Member

I would just stay in the Lakes if you are already there in summer, it seems a shame to limit your Lakes biking to Whinlatter and the NF.
    Ullswater, Helvellyn, Iron Keld/Loughrigg, Borrowdale Bash, Skiddaw, Nan Bield/Garburn/Styhead Passes, Parkamoor, Claife Heights…

Why leave all that behind for another trail centre in Scotland?

Although if you’re also after strip joints and kebab’s for the week, I can see why you want to move on.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

I’ve never been to the lakes before and those are the places I have been told about, hence asking on here.

Oh, and its not gonna be a kebab/drinking/strip club kind of weekend, I’m not much of a drinker and I just want to get as much riding in as possible

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stag do help!’ is closed to new replies.