Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stag day ride FAIL
  • ojom
    Free Member

Not a good thing when the stag ends up in Borders General with murmurings of 'broken collar bone' and the like… is it?!

Literally 5 mins after chatting to Andy Barlow about how many crashes there has been in the slippery dustiness and then we lose the man of the day…. oops.

Anyone else been riding badly today?

forge197
    Free Member

One of the guys I was riding with today twisted his knee taking a "different" line didn't end up in A&E though, were you at Glentress?

Not good a thing for the stag to be in a sling, when is the wedding?

Rickos
    Free Member

Who's the stag? Is it nina? Hope it's a stag do that's got a good few weeks before the wedding!

ojom
    Free Member

It's a mate of a mate rick. I missed Nina's – was being all lycraphile style on the Etape Caledonia…

I think he has 5 weeks ish so border line.

forge- yep we were. Was a mixed group from absolute beginner to experienced and the stag was one of the experienced ones. oops.

Nainosliw
    Free Member

Sorry to hear – did they write it down in the Borders General "mountain-biking related AnE admissions" book?

One place to ride the noo in this dry is the good old Pentlandios – ride with a clear conscience that you aren't ripping up the peat, and it is fast and dusty, at least til you hit a soggy bit, when you need your weight well back as the decelleration can be extreme.

forge197
    Free Member

thebikechain – thought it must have been when you mentioned borders, hope it heals quick for him, even the most experienced can have a crash!

ojom
    Free Member

Aye- i am sure a few punches on the arm and some booze tonight should remedy the sappishness.

matt_outandabout

lol – a pal of mine broke his collar bone 4 days before the big day has he had to have 'one last ride' before he moved off Arran where he was living…cue an interesting wedding and reception with me as best man trying to balance pain killer administration vs having a groom that could be described as 'with it'.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stag day ride FAIL’ is closed to new replies.