Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Stacks and bodges
  • brokenbanjo

So today I decided I would try the Harter Fell Circular bridleway route starting and finishing at High Wallowbarrow Farm. This route includes an ascent of Hardknott Pass, which on a 1×10 set up is blooming hard on’t legs!

On the descent to Eskdale I see a technical section coming up so trim some speed. The back brake locks up, so I put a bit of front on. Nothing. Next thing I know my centre of gravity is all wrong, my balance shot and I plough straight in to a fence. On the somersault I think I’m about to brake my collar bone or worse. Luckily not.

So I picks myself up and look at the brake. Pads are missing. That’ll do it. A quick walk up the hill and I find the pads and the spring. No sign of the split pin. So without a spare set of pads I bodge the pads in by deforming the keyring from my car keys. Managed to get round the ride without incident after that.

ANy other stories of stacks and bodges out there?

stevied
    Free Member

Mate of mine snapped his handlebar half way round a ride so we wedged a branch off a tree into the broken end, lasted surprisingly well..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Stacks and bodges’ is closed to new replies.