Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stack and Reach comparison tool
  • ElShalimo

I’m looking for a comparison tool/site to compare some frames/bikes.
    Anyone got a link to an easy to use online tool?

benpinnick
    ElShalimo

thanks

granny_ring

The only one I know of

Link not working for me?

STATO
    Free Member

Its a total minefield as bike companies often dont compare like for like, with different length forks to what are specified or not telling you if they are using sagged suspension. I use an excel tool and compare each bike manually, adjusting as required to understand what the real differences are.

13thfloormonk

I’ve been doing this recently, it’s a disaster as some take stack to top of headset, some state stack “assuming 15mm spacer” and some show diagrams with stack taken to the top of the stem clamp (which therefore also includes some arbitrary number of spacers, not stated).

Reach seems a little more standard, although even then one manufacturer states “assuming 100mm stem” (although at least they state it, and subtracting 100mm from the figure wasn’t too much of a struggle…).

benpinnick
    benpinnick

@13thfloormonk yeah I bet it is a mare. Given stack and reach both use a fixed (the same fixed) point to measure to you wonder why so many bike companies get it wrong… or is it deliberate?

Rickos
    Free Member

http://www.bikegeo.net/

Allows you to compare different bikes easily by putting in your own figures. Also shows that having bars in the same position from the floor makes more sense of manufacturers reach figures and bikes with big differences on charts end up being very similar when you take account of your normal bar height set up.

STATO
    Free Member

Given stack and reach both use a fixed (the same fixed) point to measure to you wonder why so many bike companies get it wrong… or is it deliberate?

Some are just outright lies and once you plug all the supplied numbers in to a spreadsheet, nothing lines up.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yeah a good example is the new Rocky Mountain Slayer – the reach numbers are around the same as my Reign – however its a fair bit longer than it appears to be on paper because of the massively long headtube.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stack and Reach comparison tool’ is closed to new replies.