Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stabilisers are off
  • bryan-g-

The wee guy is not 3 for a few weeks yet and yesterday I took stabilisers and pedals off and dropped the saddle and let him scoot about for a wee while. Today I put the pedals back on and pushed him a few times and he was of up and down himself. Why do people waste money on balance bikes.

campkoala
    Free Member

Cool!

Happy days! ;D

Stabilisers are great for teaching wee ones how to pedal, balance bikes not so much 😉

Any kids ride on toys help balance, planning and navigation.

Expensive balance bikes offer very little over cheap ones or indeed a bike with pedals removed.

bryan-g-

He has been going with the stabilisers for a few months, trying to keep up with his big brother. He is nuts , no fear 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Why do people waste money on balance bikes

So when they are 18 months old and a first bike is too big they can scoot around on something like a strider

bryan-g-

What size wheels do they have.

dan86
    Free Member

Nice work!
    I work in a bike shop that sells around 50 kids bikes a week, and it is astonishing the amount of 20″ bikes we get asked to fit stabilisers to.

bryan-g-

He is on a Hotrock 12.

cloudnine
    Free Member

What size wheels do they have.

Strider.. 350b.. they bring the slightly sloping pavement alive.
    They accelerate faster than the 12″ hotrocks but are more aggressive. Maybe they dont quite roll as fast but the increased stiffness yet decreased volumetric rolling radius results in faster trail and school run times.

aracer
    Free Member

I work in a bike shop that sells around 50 kids bikes a week, and it is astonishing the amount of 20″ bikes we get asked to fit stabilisers to.

Not really. Not given that the general population is far less interested in bikes than us lot on here (even the vast majority who don’t ever actually ride 😉 ) Still plenty of amazement at how well my youngest who is nearly 4.5 can ride a bike – there’s only one other in his class who I think can ride, plenty not riding in Y1 and I’m sure there are several in Y2 (6+) who can’t. The average age to learn to ride is apparently 5 – given all us lot with kids riding at 2 or 3 that means a significant number not learning until a lot older. Some parents even seem to think that learning to read is more important 😯

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe they dont quite roll as fast but the increased stiffness yet decreased volumetric rolling radius results in faster trail and school run times.

Strava links or I don’t believe it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stabilisers are off’ is closed to new replies.