Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • St Lukes Hospice – Dartmoor – Tour-de-moor
  • rockhopperbike

Sort of new to the area, and have signed up for the 35mile version of this- CX bike or MTB?

Anyone got an opinion?

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ve done it for the last 4 years & signed up again for this year, I’ll be riding a HT.

I’ve seen guys on CX bikes do the route & a MTB is kinder on the body on the rough stuff but there is also a fair amount of road miles so a CX would be better on that.

It’s not a race so IMHO take your MTB unless its a 45lb DH rig 😉

camerauk
    Free Member

Its more suited to a MTB bike but as said have seen people using a cx bike with no problems, there are no drops/jumps on the route but there are a few places where lots of rocks will make it hard going on a cx bike but with care you should be fine and enjoy it
    I can’t make it this year due to work 😥

rockhopperbike

Cheers chaps- MTB it is (nips out to garage to remove high roller and minion)

fionap

Just signed up for this, will be riding with 5 others. All on hardtails I think, should be ok. I’m not sure of the route but riding up some of the tracks on Dartmoor is a PITA with the loose rocks. Hopefully it’ll be dry!

Does anyone know what time we need to get to the start in order to collect t-shirts and chips etc? Is that the time given (8.30?) or should we get there even earlier?

crispybacon
    Free Member

My T-shirt & chip was sent to me in the post, but as you’ve entered late – Oo ‘ere missus – then you’ll need to get to the start early say 8am if you wonna get away in the first group after 8.30.

Should be a fun ride with lots of other people raising funds for a great cause.

peanut
    Free Member

I’ll be on an ss Jones, come say hi if you see me 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

I’ll be on a red S-works stumpjumper ht with 6 other guys doing the 35 miles wearing an orange T-shirt 😉

fionap

1200 riders, £200,000+ raised. Not bad. Really enjoyed the ride despite the cloud over Princetown and the headwind! The route was great apart from that climb up towards Nun’s Cross – almost everybody around me was pushing up that because with the number of people, the headwind and the loose rocks (essentially a stream bed) nobody could get enough momentum to get up it. I’ve kept the route map and think I’ll try it again soonish, although possibly start at Burrator reservoir so the last bit is a nice downhill to the car.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘St Lukes Hospice – Dartmoor – Tour-de-moor’ is closed to new replies.