Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • S$$t ebay buyers say (mild annoyance content)
  • kayak23

I mean, if you go to the trouble of ticking all the boxes, ‘collection only’ or ‘no international postage’ then why does some kid from Turkey always email you and ask how much it would be to post to Turkey?

Selling some brakes Just now, it clearly says in the advert ‘post mount’ and ‘no rotor included’ and yet I get a question from a buyer asking me what size rotor the brake comes with and another asking me what size rotor I used with the brakes….
    Depends what adaptor you use Innit! You can use any size you want then!…..
    ebay huh?…
    Charge for insertion, charge for final value, charge for Paypal……
    That is all.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve had high bids from foreigners in these circumstances.

kayak23

Its very annoying. Also, folk just don’t seem to understand the concept of an auction, in that you wait until its ended. The amount of ‘have you got a buy it now price mate’ emails I get is mental…
    Still, mustn’t grumble.

hofnar
    Free Member

I am a foreigner and do this to cos quite some people are willing to open their auction to foreigners as more interest is more chance of a nice bid. Don’t see the issue as long as they are not from a dodgy country and fork out the extra postage.

kayak23

Don’t see the issue as long as they are not from a dodgy country and fork out the extra postage.

Hmm, what countries can we acceptably call ‘dodgy’?….. 😉
    Not an issue for some people but, if you have ticked the ‘No International Postage’ box, then thats because there is no international postage.
    Some sellers don’t want the extra hassle of sending something across the world, or the insurance involved, or the comeback hassle if something goes wrong.
    Just seems to me that adverts are not read properly at all…

stgeorge

Hmm, what countries can we acceptably call ‘dodgy’?..

Syria?

convert

The problem I’ve had with international “winners” is despite asking for and paying for recorded and tracked delivery it often seems to turn to rats when the object leaves the UK leaving you with a lot of hassle if something might or might not have gone wrong. One lesson I learnt was not to give tracking info to the buyers no matter how much they ask for it as I’ve had people try and use the lack of information on the the tracking page to leaverage payment and claim the parcel had not arrived when it had as they can see how little you know.

DezB
    Free Member

I sold one of those Nevica ski jackets recently. Really cheap.
    Get a message from the buyer “Can I return this, the sleeves are too long”.
    FFS.
    I replied saying no, put it on Ebay like I did and they tried to raise a case with Ebay.
    Double FFS!

Matt24k
    Free Member

Ebay buyers are getting worse. Many seem to think that they are buying from a High St Retailer. I sold a car radiator recently, brand new it the box, for about 10% of the current retail price. The listing clearly quoted no returns, check prior to bidding that this will fit your car.
    A month after purchase the buyer asked to return it as it didn’t fit his car!
    I referred him back to the exact wording in the listing and suggested that he re sell it.
    Ebay is an auction site if you want retail sales back up, pay retail from a retailer. Rant over.

druidh
    Free Member

Once had some wanting to buy a really big Thule roof box – long enough to take skis and wide enough for a lot of kit. Despite the “No International Postage/Local Pick-up Only” bit, the query was from Australia!

thomthumb
    Free Member

Don’t see the issue as long as they are not from a dodgy country and fork out the extra postage.

sorry mate, all foreigners are dodgy. 😉

dyl
    Free Member

I sold a dead car to a guy in Devon (I live in Sheffield) called Radek. It had been off road for about a year, and was described very thoroughly as well as loads of photos.

After I sold it, I got the message:

ok ok i have several small question :

First one it is the passenger door its not close?
    This car don’t have mot and tax?
    Where are you live? Send me you poscode and name Town and street.I have day of next Tuesday from me works. Is it ok for you in order to received the car on Tuesday?
    I give you 120 pounds car + radio. Are you happy ?I give you a small deposit of 20 pounds lest wait until Tuesday

Of course, I said in the item’s description where it was, that it had no MOT or tax and I posted photos and descriptions of the damage. Oh well.

When I told him my address:

But to resign because it is very far 300mil. It’s not about the money because the price is ok. Only this is a long way

And then finally, after he’s decided he doesn’t want it after all:

I’m sorry but this is very very far. Auto Demand for 130 pounds in total, including those arising comes just 500 pounds. I do not see your address when it tendered because the first email I asked you where you live

Grr.

monkeyboyjc

its ebay – you sell stuff and get ££…
    the only down side is ocasionaly you have to deal with a numpty, but thats just comes with the territory.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve had high bids from foreigners in these circumstances.

+1, and for something like brakes where the postage difference is negligible I’d post abroad.

I’ve sold a frame to someone in the Canary Islands and a bike to someone in France too, charged £150 postage in each instance, bit more hassle, but not the end of the world.

Trimix
    Free Member

If they made it harder to use the internet you would get more educated users on it.

But far, far fewer. Perhaps we need levels in ebay based upon your IQ.

Im always amazed at how stupid people manage to get by in life.

MussEd
    Free Member

The thing that annoys me the most is ANY ad in which the item description blurb begins “Here we have…” automatically move on even if it might an absolute bargain…

aracer
    Free Member

what countries can we acceptably call ‘dodgy’?..

Scotland

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘S$$t ebay buyers say (mild annoyance content)’ is closed to new replies.