Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • S*#t Day!
  • jamj1974

Day starts well – whilst adjusting a rubbing disk brake I cut half way through my fingertip. Cue visit to A&E and cancelled ride. Brother continues on ride – on easy section of trail he’s ridden many times before manages to OTB and comprehensively shatter his right forearm. He needs a metal plate and won’t be riding or climbing for some time…

B#gg*r! B#gg*r! B#gg*r!

J

Squidlord
    Free Member

Bugger indeed! Not sure what I can add except healing vibes to both of you, and hope you’re both back on your bikes soonest.

A rubbing disk caused you to cut through your finger? What do you use? I just use an Allen key?

Whatever happened speedy recovery to you and your bro (especially your bro as that sounds real nasty)

highclimber
    Free Member

it comes in threes, you know! watch out for falling pianos and the like!

healing vibes being transmitted on all frequencies.

andyl
    Free Member

Final Destination has just been on…was anyone else supposed to go riding with you?

I am guessing the finger was caught in the disc spokes? Did that myself the other day.

jamj1974

Not sure quite how I did it. Was moving the caliper from the outside and suddenly my finger was in the rotor. Never happened before – I am a careful mechanic, but always a first time… My first serious maintenance accident in 25 years…

Thanks for the vibes – brother definitely needs it more than I..

jamj1974

The was someone else – so far he is ok, but watch this space!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘S*#t Day!’ is closed to new replies.