Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • St Bees climbing
  • dashed
    Free Member

Bit of a random one but I’m not a member of any climbing forums anymore and know there are a few climbers on here… Anyone able to confirm what the access is like at St Bees for dogs – I mean physically getting down rather than nesting restrictions (which have ended now). It’s years since I’ve been and recall a bit of an epic down the fishermans steps but can’t remember how bad the other access is?

At in advance… 🙂

ampthill

This very hazy memories. But I think we just strolled down…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

which bit are you heading for and what kind of dog???
    The bit from the beach to the boulders would probably be OK, we got out scrambling staffie along there OK. In from the steps, can’t quite remember.

liquid
    Free Member

If you drop down from the light house end it’s a pain! It’s really quite steep in sections with in-situ ropes though bolts to make things easier – if I took a dog that I’d be worried about it taking a tumble. Access from the other end will be easier but little longer.

dashed
    Free Member

Ta! Remember the fishermans steps end a in situ chains etc – def not dog friendly… ’twas the other end I couldn’t remember…

boxelder

Safer not to. Very experienced mate of mine tripped on the way to climb there and fell the full height.
    He survived (they think) because he landed on his back and the rucsack cushioned the impact……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘St Bees climbing’ is closed to new replies.