Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • St Albans Mountain Bike 'Club'??
  • paulump

Anyone interested in starting, or currently involved, in a mid-week ride leaving from St Albans or the surrounding area? Would also look to do some rides/races further a field at weekends.
    I was riding with a shop last year but that died-a-death this year.
    Still riding a couple of times a week on my own (Hardtail and SS), but would be good to have some banter and share some new routes.

Paul

ratcatcher

Hi Paul,
    Tuesday nights from the jolly sailor at 8 during the summer, thursday nights when the clocks change and saturday mornings 8am social pace odd trips and some racing (gorricks) mainly for a giggle!
    Mik

paulump

Fantastic, lights on charge. See you tomorrow at 8.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I somtetimes ride around Symodshyde woods and surrounding area….
    Also look at: http://www.ottmountainbike.co.uk/index.html

Sam

You're always welcome over here when you fancy it Paul!

andylaightscat
    Free Member

as Sam says,there's a ride mon,tues,weds,thursday night fom berkhamsted
    some social some a bit quicker

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The problem with starting 'clubs' is that it attracts those with an officious and controlling nature. Before long, you've got people demanding to be club secretaries and writing constitutions, aims and membership terms.

Better off just a loose group to ride with IMO.

Candodavid
    Free Member

NO-one looser than you Scienceofficer… 🙄

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Cheeky.

paulump

Ratcatcher; Thanks for the ride on Tuesday. Great fun and will definately see you next week.

Jolly Green Giant; OTT looks good. What time do the Singlespeed rides leave on Wednesday nights?

Sam/Andy; Loved the ride that Sam took me on when I was trying out one of his Swifts' (hence the subsequent purchase). Will definately give you a buzz and arrange a ride – don't really fancy the 12 mile road ride first on SS though.

Science Officer/Cadodavid; IMO?

Thank you all

Paul

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘St Albans Mountain Bike 'Club'??’ is closed to new replies.