Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • St Albans and Surrounding
  • raoreilly
    Free Member

Hi, Anyone know of any clubs or social groups that ride around St Albans. I’m fairly new and trying to get my fitness up but keen to do a weekend and maybe a week night.

thanks in advance!

Richard

vinnyeh

MTB, I assume?
    Rock and Road I think do a night ride, not sure when.
    OTT mtb club in Harpenden.

hatter

Hey man, welcome to ‘S’norbs’!

Road or MTB?

There’s a MTB bunch that go from the Jolly Sailor at 7PM on Thursday nights, keep meaning to attend but never get back from work in time to go. They also do road rides but I don’t know much about those.

Addiktion cycles and DC cycles also run rides, check their FB pages.

To be honest the MTB’ing around St Albans is distinctly underwhelming but the road riding’s pretty good if you know where you’re going.

mcmullej
    Free Member

There’s an MTB ride from the Jolly Sailor on Sandridge Road at 0800 every Saturday. Two – three hours, very mixed group, always stop for a coffee etc. Fresh blood always welcome.

🙂

The Thurs night rides start at 1930, again from The Jolly. (These turn into road rides when the clocks go forward in March).

ratcatcher

If you get a chance pop into B C cycles Hatfield rd can prob recommend 4 or 5 rides a week includes those from the Jolly

raoreilly
    Free Member

Sorry guys, I meant to say MTB (first post and all that)…thanks for the replys so far, really appreciated

benp1

OTT mtb club is probably your best bet

There isn’t a huge amount of MTB in that area, but if you head West from there you’ll hit the Chilterns and then there are lots more options

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Sticky.

greencroft
    Free Member

Not sure if you have transport, but we are from Radlett and get our regular MTB fix at Chicksands Bike Park just south of Bedford. Different sort of riding from cruising around the Herts countryside but great fun and good for improving both fitness and skills.

ampthill

Perhaps worth adding that in the winter you might want to consider driving upto Woburn. Like Chicksands its much sandier and holds up much better in the winter rain. There are groups that ride from their every weekend for example Cylclone

The Chilterns can be good too brilliant when its dry

raoreilly
    Free Member

Thanks Guys really appreciate the advice, looks like I may need to venture a little further afield!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘St Albans and Surrounding’ is closed to new replies.