Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • SSWC11 Ferry companys which one is the cheapest?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Cheapest quote so far is £383 which includes 1 vehicle and 2 adults and one child and thats with Irish ferries any deals about or promotions?

oxym0r0n

Tick

tollah
    Free Member

I looked before Christmas, they all seem to be around the same price.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Is that for your campervan Rich?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Anyone wanna van share?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Is flying not a better idea?

phildowling
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a surf trip in April and it’s all stupid prices!! Found flights for £18 if thats any good :-/

Far to expensive for the distance travelled IMO, one of the reasons i didn’t bother to enter 🙂

tollah
    Free Member

I looked at flights too but by the time you’ve parked the car then hired one the other end and paid for the bike, prices are about the same!

Blackhound

If you go by rail / ferry from Bristol to Rosslare or Birmingham to Dublin it will cost ~£60 per head return. You will need to factor in a car hire from the other end but may work out cheaper. Especially if a couple can share expense of a car and fuel. Would need to be more organised with ‘stuff’ though….

wheelz
    Free Member

Ferry prices from/to Ireland are a joke, and always have been. You are unlikely to get a decent deal and there are very few offers available throughout the year.

Lack of competition I guess, because the ferries are always busy whenever I use them.

tankslapper
    Free Member

They’re all much of a muchness to be fair – in your current location I would get my self to Dun Loaghaire on the Stena HSS and then go down from south Dublin – any deals out there are usually quickly erased by fuel costs tbh

Sam

Jeeeesus – that’s rather steep. Will have to make sure the van is full…

tollah
    Free Member

We’ve ditched the ladyez and having 4 of us in a company car should only cost £75 to £100 each! happy times and the ladyez are off to London to watch some crap show win win!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Joining the camping and caravanning club can be worth it for the ferry discount alone. My fokes saved over £100 on their ferry, worth the £30 something membership.

daveells
    Free Member

Fair play Tollah,so what show are ssStu,KoS,Sofaking and cheesy watching then ? 😀

postierich
    Free Member

ccc is £37 to join then you could get 10% off the ferry!

Hairychested
    Free Member

The prices are stupid silly, circa 100 Euro per car each way driver only. It will be cheaper to fly and then use Bus Eireann (sp?) if bikes in bags. Trains don’t allow bikes onboard here.
    Keep an eye on the SSWC Facebook page, transport can be had through there (I might be able to help somebody but won’t know till nearer the time).

flatfish
    Free Member

Maybe the organisers could put on a coach from the ferry to the ballyhoura site and take bookings, then everybody can travel fairly cheap as a foot passenger.

sofaking
    Free Member

Fair play Tollah,so what show are ssStu,KoS,Sofaking and cheesy watching then ?

how very rude of you

Saccades
    Free Member

v780 code for stena, flick between the .co.uk and .ie sites as the exchange rate thing is slow to update.

tollah
    Free Member

Lol@Daveells!

singlespeedstu

i’d rather go and watch a show than spend a weekend with wokboy.

DD
    Free Member

Hairychested – Member
    The prices are stupid silly, circa 100 Euro per car each way driver only. It will be cheaper to fly and then use Bus Eireann (sp?) if bikes in bags. Trains don’t allow bikes onboard here.
    Keep an eye on the SSWC Facebook page, transport can be had through there (I might be able to help somebody but won’t know till nearer the time).

HC are you saying there will be some ferry offers/discounts for SSWC? I sure hope you are… 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

You can use Irish Ferries with Tesco points on a 3:1 deal

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘SSWC11 Ferry companys which one is the cheapest?’ is closed to new replies.