Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • SSWC 2011 ~ Ireland :~)
  • gil_

Having just ridden away from an excellent SSWC2010 “race” I am proud to announce next years event will be in….

Ireland 😛

Close run thing against the South African entry, but the Potatoe lovers got it…

Bring on the Guiness 😛

Hairychested
    Free Member

Fantastic! Something to look forward to. Where about Ireland, does anybody know?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

What ratio will we need ? 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    psling
    Free Member

That’s a good call, interesting place for an event and good for Ireland given the issues they’ve had over access for MTBing.

Now, where are my waterproofs and mud tyres… 8)

Chevin
    Free Member

What tyres for Ireland??? 😆

Matthew

GavinB

Where about Ireland, does anybody know?

Yup, just over <<< there
    😀

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ll have my Irish passport by then 😉

ton

mick, fancy sharing a lift from leeds?? 8)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Tyres? For Ireland? Gatorskins obviously. Oooops, you mean off-road? Why do you want to get your bike dirty? Why do you have those, what are they? disc brakes?
    There’s some nice terrain over here, I just wonder where they’ll organise it. Ballyhoura looks great for that.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Isn’t this rather early days to be getting excited ? even for SS,bearded freak/niche world ? Do we have anyone willing to organize or a venue for SSUK2011 yet ?

firestarter
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan 😉 depends on my leave tho as its now fixed and I can’t change or choose when I have it 🙁

Keef
    Free Member

stumpynya12 – Member

Isn’t this rather early days to be getting excited ? even for SS,bearded freak/niche world ? Do we have anyone willing to organize or a venue for SSUK2011 yet ?

well,considering Ireland ‘won’ it for next year,I’m guessing there was someone there who wants to do it ?

Oh,and a big singlespeedy ‘WooHoo’ btw

now wheres me Mud x’s…..oh,they’re already on….

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Awesome – Can’t wait!

Finger crossed it doesn’t clash with my wedding… although if it does I know where I will be 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Oh and SSUK 2011… No one has come forward with a proposal yet… come on guys!

stumpynya12
    Free Member

XcKeith ? Engage your brain, Ireland got SSWC i.e the worlds not the SSUK i.e United Kingdom you muppet.
    Matt , I propose we have a single speed race in the uk somewhere 😯

big_n_daft
    Free Member

stumpynya12 – Member

I propose we have a single speed race in the uk somewhere

I propose you organise it 😉

Militant_biker

Of course the SSWC wil be in Europe AS I’VE MOVED TO AMERICA 🙁

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Did it at Dalby 2009 as the pink crew…. Rewarding but well stressed 😯
    Where the hell is tuppsarse ?

Militant_biker

Where the hell is tuppsarse ?

Other end from the Tupp’s Head?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Yes I thought that but why would you live in a sheeps bum ?

Keef
    Free Member

stumpynya12,what’s one letter between friends ? 😳 my brain dosen’t engage before 4.pm……

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just told the wife, and we’re already planning next years holiday around it.

See you over there…..

sheldona
    Free Member

We may attend! Along as they have dome cheese to taste!

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’ve never been to Ireland, the perfect excuses!

psling
    Free Member

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Xckeith Your back on my xmas card list muca 8). My brain fell out last week as I turned up to ride whilst my kit bag stayed at home(25 miles round trip back to get it)… epic brain failure.

Keef
    Free Member

LOL,done the same with shoes once,and,er, helmet twice,der…..

psling
    Free Member

I know what you 2 mean ~ I rolled up at the SSUK event in Machynllyth a few years back without my (spd) shoes and only spd pedals! Had to buy a pair of shoes in town; bit of an unexpected expense 😳

Hairychested
    Free Member

I was meaning to say it here but I posted on the SSUK bit. It went like this:
    I’m thinking that if it were to be in the Cooley Mountains the local Dundalk MTB Club could be a great source of help. I don’t know the Irish ways well enough to get involved in organising but I do happen to know a couple of reps (Trek and Kellys). I will, however do my best to help with marshaling (unless I become so fit I’ll want to race which is as likely as England winning the Ashes this time AND the Scottish lad winning the Wimbledon next year).
    When are you thinking of running it?

SketchyBoston
    Free Member

I hope it will be close to Dublin, easy flight from the USA……

Hairychested
    Free Member

In Ireland everything is near Dublin, apart from civilisation itself (it’s stopped over the Irish Sea).

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘SSWC 2011 ~ Ireland :~)’ is closed to new replies.