Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • SSUK2013 – Where are the California rejects camping?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Seen the other two sites, one you have to join a club in order to camp, the other does not allow fire.

Is the post ride fun based at the pub or campsite too (I ask this as I may have blagged some free ale from my local brewery) to distribute.

Currently I have two potential bikes, one with no brakes and one with a road gear only…?

It is this weekend, yes?

cardo

Yes it’s this coming weekend….

Are the California rejects a tribute act? 🙂

oxym0r0n

I am heading down on the Saturday and have no-where organised to stay yet either 😕 Should’ve booked California when I had the chance 🙁

qwerty
    Free Member

Would be nice if we all headed to the same plan B camp site. Better than talking single ring bollox with a bunch of naturists.

oxym0r0n

Tom’s field? 1st come 1st served I think – no booking according to the website…

Cheezpleez

Tom’s field sounds good

ajantom

Yeah, tom’s field. No booking when I emailed, they might be surprised at how busy they get!

mattjg
    Free Member

Similar issue here, will look up Tom’s field.

mattjg
    Free Member
    uselesshippy
    Free Member

Toms field is great, but always get busy.
    I don’t give a shit though, i’m staying with the drunks at california camping. 😀

ybot
    Free Member

I’d be amazed if ‘Toms Field’ isn’t full up by Friday night and its very family orientated. Having said that Acton Field is literally just a field away from Toms Field so between the two of them there’d probably be room.

ybot
    Free Member

Added bonus is that both of those are only a couple of miles by bike from the ‘Square and Compass’

qwerty
    Free Member

Toms Field says

All the first come areas can be booked for a night at a time [ except Bank Holidays when it is a minimum of 2 nights]

That’s me out of that one then as due to working the Fri & Mon I’m a one nighter only.

qwerty
    Free Member

For Acton campsite you need to be / become a member of a Natural England club…

mattjg
    Free Member

We’re confirmed at Tom’s Field now. One of our number who’s in the know points out it’s much closer to the Square & Compasses!

DrP

For Acton campsite you need to be / become a member of a Natural England club…

Really? I stayed at Acton a few years back – just turned up…

DrP

oxym0r0n

Living it up in the “Auberge” for me!

MrAgreeable

We’re at Shorefield. In a (shudder) static caravan.

I’m imagining it’ll be something like this.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etkarB72RbE[/video]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘SSUK2013 – Where are the California rejects camping?’ is closed to new replies.