• This topic has 69 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • SSUK – what you riding then?
  • I’ll be on a Qoroz belt drive Lefty 29er.
    Mrs MTG will be on a Kona Big Unit 29er.
    Mrs MTG’s daughter won’t be riding the event proper, as she’s under 18, but will be there with either my old Santa Cruz Blur with gears, or my Lynskey Ridgeline SS 29er.

qwerty
    Free Member

If all else fails, I’ll be carving my own niche and riding the one and only V braked, horizontal dropout 29er with a 120mm rear hub.

slugwash
    Free Member

KHS Ti hardtail …….

you lot provide the materials and i’ll turn them in to landfill for you!

Del, I’ve got a load of brewing equipment, kegs & stuff, I’m not using at the moment if you’re serious. They’ll be no, SSEC style, pre-start line projectile vomiting from me on this occasion ‘cos I’ll probably still be on the wagon come May.

mattbee

Either my Thorn Raven or a ’92 Klein Fervour if I can get a stem sorted for it. (1″ quill with 105mm reach/5 deg rise if anyone has one somewhere…)

Muke
    Free Member

No doubt I’ll be pushing this around for some of it.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Still need to persuade the other half but if I manage it I’ll be on a singlespeed cross bike. It’s not that technical round there after all, however I’m sure I’ll be walking both up and down hill.

igm

Like it. Use the cross bike to get the rideability balance right. None of this push up ride down nonsense.

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

This’ll be my weapon of choice after converting to SS tonight.
    P1020068 by IngwerFuchs, on Flickr

Muke
    Free Member

Based on last nights ride I may have to reconsider my options or maybe it was me that was making the creaky/clunky noise and not the bike. 😕

qwerty
    Free Member

A little bit of this out rear

and a bit of this up front

and some odds and sods inbetween. Hopefully nothing snaps.

Muke
    Free Member

Have another option now as long as I manage to sort the rear valve/logo alignment issue out 😉

charliedontsurf

Not promising anything, but if its not busy (ie if its raining) and the tide is right, we might start on a beach, giving fat bikes an unfair start, but to make it fairer to skinny tyred bikes, anyone naked (it’s a nudist beach) can have a head start too.

Nice to see no one worrying about what tyres, how much travel, does my cock look big in this? The trails are all do-able on a rigid cross bike, any MTB will be fine.

FieldMarshall

I’ll shall be singlespeeding my Five and driving down from Surrey in my Audi for the weekend.

nixie

Audi parking is on the beach at low tide 😀

DrP

I’m in full training swing for the whole two laps.

DrP

(By full training swing, I mean, I’ve written it down on the interweb, therefore it must happen….)

Muke
    Free Member

LOL I’d forgotten about the TWO laps.

qwerty
    Free Member

Muke
    Free Member

😀

😉

mattjg
    Free Member

Selma

Muke
    Free Member

I think I may of found another option as seen on LFGSS … 😀

mattjg
    Free Member

in the best tradition of thread resurrection, perhaps …

more please!

mattjg
    Free Member

I’ll shall be singlespeeding my Five.

talk is cheap, need to see this please

nedrapier

This one. Rear sprocket, cage, spacers and grips from Charlie.

slugwash
    Free Member

Anyone got a cheapish proper 24T SS sprocket thay want to sell/swap/give me at SSUK?

TimP
    Free Member

I shall be strolling along next to this

sadexpunk

ned, whats that? looks lovely.

marko75
    Free Member

Ned – bringing the vice as well? 🙂

Andy-R

Looks like a DeKerf to me?

nedrapier

marko, no, the vice will not be my “plus something” to lug around the course for the prize pot!

Andy R, Yup. Cheers sadexpunk, I quite like it!

Muke
    Free Member

Should of had a what’s your “plus something” to lug around the course for the prize pot thread or is it like a Secret Springtime Santa.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘SSUK – what you riding then?’ is closed to new replies.