Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SSUK Weather update
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Is it currently as bad over in the North East as the forecasts say it it?

It’s sunny over here in the lower North West

igm

Drizzle in Castleford (Dalby but an hour in the car), but nowt to worry about. Looks brighter out to the north east (ie Dalby direction)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers for that.

I don’t mind riding in the rain, I just don’t want it to rain ALL weekend.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    igm

Tomorrow however is another day.
    The York forecast is normally about right for Dalby

Farticus

About 15 miles away in the Wolds here, and it’s not looking too good. Windy, overcast & getting worse.

Mind you, the last 3 weekends in Dalby have been superb if that’s any consolation.

jonathan
    Free Member

Just back from course marking – it’s damp and cold up there at the moment. Pack warm stuff!

Forecast suggests wettish tomorrow, getting drier through the day. Sunday still a mystery

ton

put yer mud tyres on, get the winter kip bag out for tomorrow night, take yer wellies and a load of easy to warm up tinned carbs…. 8)

MtbCol
    Free Member

I’m in Pickering, it’s 20:15 and it’s tipping down here!

miketually
    Free Member

Just tried to ride down to join martinh in High Rigg Farm. I turned back when I realised that I wasn’t managing anything faster than 10mph on my loaded up Yuba Mundo and would still be somewhere on t’moors at 10pm.

It rained for the whole three hours I was riding from Darlington to Appleton Wiske and back. I was annoyed that my waterproof trousers failed on their first outing, but realised that my waterproof jacket, which has always been waterproof, had also given up being waterproof.

The forecast looks much better for the rest of the weekend, so I’m either going to ride or get a lift over tomorrow.

D0NK

Bad luck mike, I was impressed with your plan, pity it went a bit awry.
    Thanks for weather warning, have now packed some warm stuff, still got the SPF15 in there, nowt wrong with optimism 😉

MtbCol
    Free Member

Quick update from Pickering – 6:20am and it’s drizzling and a bit chilly.

Hmmm wonder if Northeast News need a weatherman, I must be doing a better job than that old fool Bob Johnson 😆

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thaks for the updates.

See you all later on for the 1pm ride, BBC internet weather says it should have cleared up by then.

CHB

Absolutley tipping it down in Leeds right now!

miketually
    Free Member

BBC TV weather: looks like it’ll have stopped raining by early afternoon and won’t start again until early afternoon tomorrow (though they were 3 hours out on the start of the rain yesterday).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SSUK Weather update’ is closed to new replies.