• This topic has 36 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • SSUK – Anyone heading down Friday??
  • DrP

I’m in the California Camp, and heading across (it’s neither up nor down for me..) Friday afternoon to set up camp, cook some sausage jambalaya, and drink vino…

Anyone else heading there Friday, rather than Sat?
    Would be nice to get together in a gang, to fend off aggressive locals/bears etc…

DrP

oxym0r0n

Careful – you’re gonna get all the haterz soon, complaining about all the SSUK threads :mrgreen:

basstronic
    Free Member

Yeah there are a few of us heading down from southampton friday lunchtime.

DrP

I’ll be the one in a tent. With a one geared bike. Any maybe a broken ukulele….

DrP

franfloydjuka

Kalifornia for us too….need to get a spot near to that fire pit!
    Might go for a little spin in the afternoon over the cliff tops…

richen987
    Free Member

popping down with Basstronic above, don’t have a broken ukelele tho 🙁
    we should be easy to spot as we all ride those niche 26er bikes 🙂

flashes
    Free Member

there’s a small herd of us going from bristle, but I’m going after work, so save ale……I’ll have a green tent.

funkynick

Me and t’other half are driving down on Friday too, although as we are coming down from Derby, I’ve got no idea what time we’ll actually arrive!

We’ll be the ones with a dog and a one geared bike [whispers] oh, and a geared bike. [/whispers].

Clink

Myself and singlecrack will be down Friday early eve I think from Somerset – he has a smart van. 😀

MrSparkle

Me and the Breadknife are coming down on Friday but we can’t set off until mid afternoon and we’re in Lancashire… It’s also her first Singlespeed event. It can only end in tears, probably mine.

mattbee

Wife and I heading up to get there Fri lunchtimeish. We’re in a bright red VW T5, and will be the ones sweating after putting up Basstronic & Richen987’s tent for them. Plenty of beer in the coolbox, coolbag and other coolbag. May not have room for milk….

richen987
    Free Member

and will be the ones sweating after putting up Basstronic & Richen987’s tent for them.

@Mattbee make sure you get no sweat in our tent and don’t forget to roll the carpet out properly and make sure the hat stand is on the right hand side not the left this time….

was a disaster last time….. 😆

TimP
    Free Member

Heading across on Saturday with MrsP and Little MissP, but we have a whole house booked in Swanage for the week with hot water and electricity and everyfink!

DrP

We’ll be the ones with a dog and a one geared bike [whispers] oh, and a geared bike. [/whispers].

DrP

uselesshippy
    Free Member

FRIDAY???????
    Slackers….
    i’ll be in the area from wednesday morning, and at california fri morning.
    I should be drunk and rowdy by the time you get there. 😀

funkynick

DrP… I tried to get her to ride a singlespeed, and I would tell you her response, but I think it might get me banned!

And don’t worry, she’s already decided not to ride on Sunday, so no need for the wirecutters and gaffer tape… just yet!

nedrapier

Anyone driving down from London on the Saturday night? Wife is working and not back until 6pm (St Pancras)

email in profile, logistical help would be amazing!

Cheers!

belugabob
    Free Member

We’ll be pitching camp by mid afternoon on Friday.

FieldMarshall

Not there until Sun, but hopefully Richen987 will be setting up my drinks cabinet on Fri.

Muke
    Free Member

Heading down with family Friday arvo but taken the lightweight option of staying in a house in Swanage.

Was thinking of taking a bottle of aftersun as my “plus something” but maybe that’s pushing my luck with the weather gods.

Cider,pasties and a Bike 8)

Looking forward to a great weekend.

richen987
    Free Member

FieldMarshall – Member
    Not there until Sun, but hopefully Richen987 will be setting up my drinks cabinet on Fri.

it’s all ready FM, except i can’t find that really wobbly chair that you had on the last camping trip, did you leave it at QE or do you have it?

FieldMarshall

richen987, I think someone put it on the fire and burnt it when I wasn’t looking! 🙂

GDRS

Intresting trip for Mrs GDRS and I.

1. We are having our first family ‘holiday’. Our 8 week old son is very into singlespeeds. He wanted to camp – but doing the house in town thing because he has more kit than our tent has space….or something like that. Mind you it’s not like if we camped he would keep anyone awake….

2. Mrs GDRS much yonger brother has taken up a place. He has just borrowed a singly off me and been out once last week. He will love it. At least we have told him he will. He too is with v young Child. In the same house. However this is the first time I have ever recomended the shonky to anyone – or at least got them to part funds for shonky times.

Great. see you all faffing around.

Planning on leaving Worcestershire late Friday afternoon.
    We should be there before dark.

We should be easy enough to spot if anyone wants to come over and say hello. 😀

Keef
    Free Member

4 of us Brummies aiming to land 1-2ish Fridee,sickly beige vw t25 and a big tent……..

flashes
    Free Member

Keef,

We’re now at Acton, but will amble over to say hello. I’ll be the one with the Surly and a beer….

Keef
    Free Member

good plan Flashes,just look for a camper with a attention whore bike,a pipework with the forks on upside down,a 65 year old fixedcross bike,and a plasticspastic bike on the back 😉

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’m sure you will all like to know, i’m sitting by my van, in the sun, drinking beer, with a lovely view over swanage. 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

We shall be going down Friday but not planning to get there until 6ish.
    Staying in Hotel so we don’t have to listen to you lot blart on about wheel sizes 😆

pictonroad

The DrP Worthing support wagon will be there on Friday whenever the traffic allows, fridge will be ON…

Can I bring a frontier stove, it’s not technically a fire??

flashes
    Free Member

I think we’ll be lucky to get there in the light, but I’ll find you…..have an ale at the ready..

cardo

Hoping to be there early afternoon with 5 of us in the advanced party and 2 in the “please would you pick up X on the way. Cos we forgot it ” gang arriving on Sat morning. Really looking forward to it !

DrP

Might go for a little spin in the afternoon over the cliff tops…

Just saw this…
    …see Here…

DrP

Muke
    Free Member

Better be quick it appears that the local coastline is falling apart… 😯

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-22371787

bikebouy
    Free Member

Go ride the course Lads and flatten the hills and clear the brambles.

Ta.
    😛

AndyRT
    Free Member

I’m not saying any more than watch out for the hole after the bridge. I may have made it a tad bigger the last time I rode that trail. It’s sort of hidden by a sneaky (very deep) layer of water.

Charlie knows.

Muke
    Free Member

Hills, brambles and large holes

You should know nothing stands in the way of 200 thirsty singlespeeders heading for a pub 😀

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘SSUK – Anyone heading down Friday??’ is closed to new replies.