Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • SSEC – Singletrack Mag promise prizes then DON'T DELIVER
  • Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

So they promised some prizes for the SSEC2010 which was really kind. We were amazed by the generosity of lots of bike trade companies and were able to give out lots of great prizes to deserving people.

Except STW never sent their prizes. Now these were ear-marked for the crazy guys who races in cardboard and tinfoil robot suits…which I think you will agree is richly deserved 🙂

So now weeks after the event and several chaser emails and assurences that they are "in the post" still nothing.

Well seeing as I am still waiting to be paid for the main article from Issue 42 (Feb 2008 FFS!) about the MTB Himachal I won't hold my breath.

Guys, if you say you will do something, do it. Or you look like knobs. The bike trade is small and you can't avoid people at tradeshows. Hope that you are able to get something sorted for those crazy robot guys ASAP.

I will be banned, oh well. Glad to be out of it if the organisation of this place is on the down hill slide.

Yours, disapointed but not suprised.

SSP

Knights of Niche

chipps

Hi there Mr Punk,
    I've not seen any emails from you. Who have you been sending your reminder emails to? I can ask Mark when he's in the office tomorrow if it was him. As other folk here have found out (Big Welsh Ride thing is one…) when we promise to help people out, we usually come through with the goods.

As for your payment for issue 42, please re-send your invoice and I'll get that sorted too.

Can't see why we'd ban you though… Even if you ask nicely… 🙂

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Sheldon has been dealing with Mark. Invoice re-sent.

SSP

sheldona
    Free Member

No I haven't, I've been talking with Matt since October.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Sorry, Matt. I knew it started with an M 🙂

SSP

geoffj

😆

tragically1969
    Free Member

Sorry, nothing to do with me really, i can understand why you are upset, but why post, could you not have picked the phone up ?

sheldona
    Free Member

tragically1969 – Member
    Sorry, nothing to do with me really, i can understand why you are upset, but why post, could you not have picked the phone up ?
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

because messages were left with no return calls and ssp likes to rant 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

sadly it is not unkown for other bike industry types to no-show on support at/prizes for events.

(Big-up to Derek at Dartmoor Cycles for stepping in on one such occasion recently by the way)

Brownbacks
    Free Member

we never have a problem with our singlespeed prize 🙂

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

postierich
    Free Member

Booooooooooooooooooooooo @ STW HQ 😉

Never thought I would hear SSP having a rant!!

You got paid for that article! 😯

gee
    Free Member

Or when bike companies do step in and offer prizes they're just an insult – a certain Wavey online retailer's offerings at an event lasting 6hrs that they recently "sponsored", for example. £20, £15 and £10 vouchers for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the men's pairs, for example…

But we don't do it for the prizes now, do we. I just wish they'd spend the £10 on a decent trophy and give that away, at least then it's not such an insult.

GB

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

postierich – Member

Booooooooooooooooooooooo @ STW HQ

Never thought I would hear SSP having a rant!!

You got paid for that article!

Me rant? Rarely I have more important things in my life now.

No I didn't get paid for it, if you know my finances better than me please let me know the date it went into my account. Or STFU.

love and cuddles

SSP

SidewaysTim

Who won the IF Courier bag that we chucked in and what did they win it for? Nothing performance related I hope 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

Anything with IF on went to loosers that ride IF's

proteus
    Free Member

Guys, if you say you will do something, do it. Or you look like knobs.
    quite. a bit like when folk flounce off from STW in a huff saying they'll never be back again, eh?

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

quite. a bit like when folk flounce off from STW in a huff saying they'll never be back again, eh?

And I would not have been if the prizes had been sent. Right off to MTBR.com for some interesting posts, information and nice photos (mainly Mikesee's)

SSP

barney
    Free Member

Charming.

proteus
    Free Member

And I would not have been if the prizes had been sent.Um, you missed my point. How many times have you flounced outta here now? This thread counts as two flounces btw…

bobbyspangles

oh, you singlespeeders. silly boys….

pjt201
    Free Member

Ayatollahofniche – Member

so you kept it then sheldon?

clubber
    Free Member

I think that was the point, Paddy 😉

I love big flouncy ME ME ME exits. More please SSP 😉

singlespeedstu

So have the robots prizes arrived yet?

ahwiles
    Free Member

CGCC Robot here, we had lots of fun. SSEC 2011 is on the schedule, as is SSUK 2010.

stu, was that question meant for us?

singlespeedstu

stu, was that question meant for us?

No it was aimed at who ever should be sending the stuff out from STW towers…

sheldona
    Free Member

Stu No
    PJT201 No

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

3 weeks and counting….nowt. 🙄

SSP

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Sorry, Matt. I knew it started with an M

it's OK, they're completely interchangeable visions of loveliness 🙂

Andy

SSP clearly without doubt you have picked a good time to post this. At 8pm on a Friday night of glorious weather, no one (still) at STW towers will be desperately trying to clear their desk and get away for the weekend at all!

So on the off chance that there is anyone still there, they will no doubt be in a really cheerful mood ready to respond. 😆

PePPeR

Yeah but at least it gets to a different audience, I'm always on the road working so I never get to see all the big flouncy exits and tantrums, they always seem to happen during working hours for some reason!

Unless we want to cause tantrums by invading parrot owners websites in an evening, causing all sorts of trouble for the owners of this web site 😉

rOcKeTdOg

aren't they all at fort william (hopefully not giving out prizes!)

TonyL
    Free Member

Singletrack have always come through with stuff for us when they have offered it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

vinnyeh

lol at rocketdog. funny how it all changes- 5 years ago singletrack wouldn't have bothered posting results from a DH, let alone sending anyone, and instead we would have had half a dozen articles about frolicks at SSEC.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘SSEC – Singletrack Mag promise prizes then DON'T DELIVER’ is closed to new replies.