Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)
  • SSEC 2010 Weekend
  • clubber
    Free Member

I'd like to say thanks from all the LVIS riders – we all had a brilliant time – Beer, cheese, bikes and sun – How could it not have been excellent.

The course was really good too (if only I'd had the legs for the climbs) and Sunday's ride was spot on.

I was robbed on the bike throwing though 🙂

Sheldon, we'll consider you an honorary member (though I did hear several people say you were a member already 😉 )

Keef
    Free Member

Yeah,just got back,need to say mahooseeve thanks to ALL involved,but special(needs)ly to Sheldon,for making us welcome and organizing the whole ridiculous affair !!! and also to Mandy for the guided ride home from the pub.
    And of course the Belgians…..
    bestest ever mtb thingy…..

hopster
    Free Member

Had a great laugh with the LVIS boys and girls. Couldn't ride because of an injury I picked up the week before but I loved the bits of the course I saw and the organisation was spot on.

Prize giving was brilliant fun although I am still feeling sad for the perfectly usable Fire mtn frame that got sawn in half. I am still shedding tears now.

Thanks to Sheldon et al for a great event.

I have about 2gb of photos uploading to Flikr of riders and I'll post a link once its uploaded. Currently around half way through.

Maybe I'll make Belgium as I couldn't ride this one.

sheldona
    Free Member

I'll sort thing out later when I'm home guys but there's a Flickr group I started a wee while back.
    TF tuned will give the 2 best photos a free fork tine and service. Link somewhere on the ssec10 site or find it through my Flickr site.

Oh and a change of plan with the cheese board!

We've already made £216 with the raffle for the air ambulane we're going to chop the cheese board up all the KON will have a bit then the 7th bit will be ebayed and all money will be added to thefund.

Details to come.

slugwash
    Free Member
    bikewhisperer
    Free Member

TF tuned will give the 2 best photos a free fork tine

Wow.. that's like, a whole quarter of one end of a fork!

Thanks for a great weekend of nichedom and amusement and a truly awesome course.

[Edit].. I think I've found some strange calling in Singlespeed "riding fast around a course" events now. See you all at SSUK! (And thanks to Charlie for reminding us not to search for SSUK in Google images…)

hopster
    Free Member

Finally finished uploading. All pics can be downloaded. Soem good some bad. If you use them then can you donate some money to the charity the SSEC is supporting. Sheldon can you drop the details on the forum just in case?

Enjoy.

SSEC racer pics

Here are some of my fav's.

psling
    Free Member

Everything unloaded and sorted into various piles now after the long journey home 😉

Thanks to everyone that came to the event; commiserations to those who couldn't fly to the event; and best wishes to those finding alternate ways home from the event. There are some great stories to be told! The event is made by the people that attend and this was a great event. Cheers… hic 8)

thekingofsweden

Glad you could all make it and had a good time so did we 🙂

We were of course 'contracted' to use the saw in order to present the beautiful 2010 Kona Explosif frame !

The first in the UK a worthy winner dont you think didn't see him crying too much tho.

If you won a prize and you liked it then let the lovely people who donated it know then hopefully they will be as generous to other events help and help make them happen

Again thanks to everyone participants and helpers alike without them it wouldn't be possible

KoS

Ringo
    Free Member

That bloke eating the chillies was so funny I can't remember what he won(because of all the beer) he really went for it

sheldona
    Free Member

Guys add your pics in here to be in with chance to win a fork tune with TF Tuned.

1 tune for best photo representing Singlespeed
    1 tune for best photo representing the need for suspension!

Judging will take place in a week or so when I wake up!

mafu26
    Free Member

awesome pics so far!

did anyone get any pics of the bunny hop competition outside the belgians tent?

sofaking
    Free Member

i got a few pics of the bunny hop as well as some photo's some people might not want reminding of. will get them up on flickr tomorrow

bungie
    Free Member

That bloke eating the chillies was so funny I can't remember what he won(because of all the beer) he really went for it

That bloke was my mate Tim, AKA Captain Tangfastic. He failed in the Tangtastic eating comp at last years SSUK so was determined to win this time. I was the big jess who took one bite and ran out screaming, big up to the fellow rider who donated his beer to me. Tim won some Salsa carbon forks and has pestered me ever since for the matching Salsa stem I won. He ain't getting it. Great event and great company!!

sheldona
    Free Member

Tim won some Salsa carbon forks and has pestered me ever since for the matching Salsa stem I won. He ain't getting it. Great event and great company!!

Carbon Bars donated by Pat from Ison distribution, not forks!

someone from 221 squadron in the RAF won the niner forks for playing air guitar to Whole Lot of Rosie 😉

singlespeedstu

Just to repeat what the other KoN's have already said.
    Thanks to everyone that helped out with the event, thanks to you atheletes for turning up and creating a great atmosphere and thanks for leaving the campsite in such a clean condition this morning.

Roll on next year when we can sample the hospitality of our Belgian friends.

sheldona
    Free Member

Roll on next year when we can sample the hospitality of our Belgian friends.

Amen

sheldona
    Free Member

Someone had too much to drink on Sat night. GHEYER

singlespeedstu

Someone had too much to drink on Sat night. GHEYER

I think you'll find it was friday night. 🙄

daveells
    Free Member

Well done Knights and Dames,will get some Conga and Wok bashing photos up later. 😆

sheldona
    Free Member

Yeah OK Stu it was a long weekend it started Wed at 21:30 when those mad Dutch arrived at my gaf and wanted to party as they'd only been up for 44 hours by then!

Looking forward to them Dave

fontmoss
    Free Member

excellent event, well done to KoD, everyone has been asking me if im alright today i look so gubbed

um Sheldon your mum said to let you know if we were interested in a tee and you might get some more? im interested (i completely forgot to order one)

and also if anyone has more pics of the **** in the kilt let me know, ive tagged the ones ive found so far 😀

PePPeR

Righty, don't know where my post went from the top of this thread but hey ho,

Here's a cracking shot of the tandem coming off the singletrack on Sundays social ride. Loving the tandem riders expression, she looked a little worried. 😉

here's the URL for the large version.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4016/4535731950_2bec26ba21_b.jpg

Here's one of the robots, boy these guys were daft, it was hot as hell out on that course.

Sorry Matt, you can kill me next time you see me for this 😉

Here's Sams bike after his little accident.

Of course there's the obligatory cheese board photo.

thekingofsweden

Kilted rider 🙂

And more

kilted rider

Lovely camper van even thats niche

Houns

Gutted i didn't go 🙁

tazzymtb

fontmoss- were you one of the axis of weasel? if so I was well impressed with sponsors on your tops (gary fister still makes me giggle) and you should definitely go with c*ntinental for the next ones 😀

sofaking
    Free Member

thanks a lot Rich. i owe you one 👿

thekingofsweden

Mat will call you in the morning with details all will be cool

Jase

PePPeR

Sorry I hadn't realised your pose until looking through the photos afterwards. 😀

singlespeedstu

Pepper.

that picture of Matt needs to go up here too.

Sailorboy

fontmoss
    Free Member

cheers King!

glad you liked em Tazzy-just emailed thecyclejersey about prices for another run of shirts, c*ntinental should be on there 😉

(if anyone has any more sponsors to add to: Gary Fister and Bumrager then let me know)

tazzymtb

Fontmoss, I'm sure charlie the bike monger will let you have "specialneeds" as well (the stumpf*cker and Hardcock T shirts were genius)

sheldona
    Free Member

Taz, saved you a headbadge!

What's that on your shoe Sofaking?

Those guys in robots should have been mentioned in the prizegiving, really sorry guys my mind wasn't on the job. Respect for dressing up!

tazzymtb

cheers ayatollah, It gives me an excuse to catch up for a ride soon and give you money, rather than just going "oooh nasty stump, eek pointy branch, oh my a wibbly bit!" in the pissing rain 😀

Jolly good effort matey, but you have now ruined my events calender as I really can't be bothered with all the more serious events now. I'll just have to give up mincing a speed and become a beer swilling attention monkey 😉

PePPeR

If there's another order going in for a T shirt, make sure ones a big un for me 😉

tazzymtb

oh and I'd just like to take the opportunity to apologise to any one I had a very drunken conversation with whilst offering them a hip flask filled with green evil, can't remember much but I think everyone was lovely . Much cheese and absinthe gave me mental dreams 😳

sheldona
    Free Member

I'll sort out tees later in the week and email everyone.

I'm all done with looking at spreadsheets right now 🙂

EDIT: anytime Taz and really looking forward to our half othe mayhem team we're in! I think mrtrickydisco may regret offering us booze to join the team!

Just had a flashback too! Respect to everybody who had a bang on that Polish Moonshine I had 🙂

LAP13
    Free Member

Just wanted to add my thank you to all for a great weekend and all the support, oh and Sheldon, NO it does not mean I'm a convert to SS…..

…yet?! 😯

Ringo
    Free Member

That polish moonshine was definitely an acquired taste 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

ive just found out someone where i live was at the SSEC! wayyyy another niche whore nearby 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘SSEC 2010 Weekend’ is closed to new replies.