Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SS – Sell or keep till new Alfine comes out
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

I've got a really nice Sanderson Soloist which is nice to ride except for the fact it's a singlespeed. If I gear it so I can get up hills it's spinning out on anything flat and you have to roll down hills or gear it to be OK on level ground and I won't get up any hills.

So should I sell it or hang onto it and fit one of the new 11 speed Alfine hubs when they come out at the end of the year?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fit 32/16 and MTFU? 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you sold it what would you spend the money on? Do you need that cash? If not then keep it. I sold my Genesis iO and regret it quite regularly.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Keep it,

If you can ride a SS, whats up with just getting the 8 speed alfine for now, you'll probably not lose much when you sell it to upgrade to the 11.

If its anything like when the 8 came out, it will be a bit late and then you wont be able to get hold of one for a few months.

I sold my SS a few months ago, cos I was a tart and it near killed me. but I regretted it when the proper bad weather came. I'm just putting the finishing bits to my genesis io alfine I'm building with bits of the classified. I plan to just upgrade to the 11 next year.

julianwilson
    Free Member

(Biased because I looooove my soloist, but…) …whatever you lose on seling the sanderson for another frame will be similar to what you lose selling 8-speed alfine to buy an 11 speed one (when you can actually get hold of one!). 8 alfine gears is still going to feel remarkably different to one gear.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Thank you Mr Poddy. I knew you'd put me right. 😀

I don't need to sell it but I already have another hardtail frame I want to build up and selling this will give me the funds (all my spare cash is going into the house at the moment 😥 ) to build something I might actually ride so really not sure if I want to put more money into a bike that's possibly not going to get ridden.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thank you Mr Poddy. I knew you'd put me right.

My pleasure. 8) 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SS – Sell or keep till new Alfine comes out’ is closed to new replies.