• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SS project complete – retro colourscheme content…
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

Dear STW,
    I humbly request judgement of my first singlespeed project.

Frame started life as a cheap but tatty Sanderson Breath, I had it powder coated to the current 'interesting' colour.

It's built up for winter commuting duties, and I've covered the rims and the seatpost in that black reflective tape. It's good stuff, I'll try to take some night shots later on…

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Path needs clearing of snow…

… but the bike looks nice! Great colour – über retro, I think? As in 1950's retro. Certainly works well with the brown saddle etc. Could the chain do with a bit more tension and would mudguards be worthwhile for commuting duties? Blimey am I getting old or what..?! 🙂

Where did you get the reflective tape from – sounds like a good idea, if it works a bit like the dark reflective patches on the Altura / Endura jackets?

Nice work!

tomh
    Free Member

Thats very nice, I really like that 😀

Dangerboy
    Free Member

gtth – the tape is Scotchlite 680, I bought a couple of meters of it from Be Seen On A Bike. Was only about £6/m when I got mine a couple of months ago, looks like it's about £10/m now…

This is the stuff: http://www.beseenonabike.co.uk/acatalog/info_7150451.html

gonetothehills
    Free Member

cool; thanks Dangerboy

sc-xc

Nice colour!

Dangerboy
    Free Member

BB – very nice. What is it?

sc-xc

It's only a Charge Duster.

It's nice to know that there is someone else out there with impeccable taste when it comes to colour 8)

Dangerboy
    Free Member

…night photo, with added bluriness…

josh1982
    Free Member

Pace are releasing a steel frame the same colour

ton

very nice indeed 8)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SS project complete – retro colourscheme content…’ is closed to new replies.