Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ss frame with rack mounts
  • karnali
    Free Member

what is out there to buy, prefer one that could have the option of gears, slotted or with diff fropouts but needs rack moutns for the commute

ta

Stoner
    Free Member

first obvious answer: On-One slotted drop out inbred. The 29er version also has rack mounts.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Indeed – I think all others will have difficulty in actually accomodating a rack, due to the placement of the disc caliper.

theflatboy
    Free Member

just get an inbred and be done with it. i would suggest getting a geared one and using a white eccentric hub to singlespeed it but i suspect the eccentric brake mount that goes with it wouldn’t work with the inbred brake mount design.

mk1fan
    Free Member

The Genesis s/s have rack eyelets but only the fully built bikes. The frame only option doesn’t seem to have them – when you look on their website.

Orange P7 has them too.

It’s the rack itself that needs to be modified to fit round the calliper – I use a Topeak Tourist DX Disc pannier rack and it fits fine on my (geared) Inbred

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have had little problem fitting standard racks to disc brake frames – you just need to space it out a bit at the bottom. Type of caliper and mount makes a difference tho – one is spaced out 8 mm the other nearly 15. I retapped the mounts to M6 rather than M5 to make it stronger

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ss frame with rack mounts’ is closed to new replies.