Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • ss cross flickr group
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

bored so set this up, please feel free to join and add something (relevant)

ta

samuri
    Free Member
    fontmoss
    Free Member

yup thats the one 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    epicyclo

My bike was already on there! Added a couple of new pics.

fontmoss
    Free Member

your bike was already on there??!

epicyclo

Ti Pompino

fontmoss
    Free Member

didn't you put that on though? i didn't nick any pics honest guv

epicyclo

It must have been put on by the previous owner.

firestarter
    Free Member

just a quick (prob silly) question for you ss cx chaps. ive currently got a compact chainset on my crosscheck and its a 5 arm compact 110bcd. looking on edinburgh bike shop site they have atb pattern 5 arm middle 38t ring that will fit wont it ?

oh and what do you run ss 38/16 ?

fontmoss
    Free Member

check the bcd/pcd-the distance between bolts, generally road wont work with mtb and vice versa

for my ultegra chainset its 130bcd

have a look at sheldon brown's website for more info or email the shop with your model number to double check

ive got 42:16 but going to get a 39t chainring to help spin through mud and for proper hills

firestarter
    Free Member

it says 110 bcd on the chainset and it says 110 bcd on the ring at the shop but i wasnt sure about the fact it said atb middle . is that 39/16 ? cheers fella

fontmoss
    Free Member

think should be ok but maybe give them a ring to double check, ask once an idiot once, never ask then an idiot forver apparently

yeah will be 39:16 on the freewheel side once i change it

firestarter
    Free Member

lol im nipping down later i think so can check. i was gonna stick the crosscheck at the back of the cupboard and dig out the roadbike but this thread made me think of just ssing it for a while 😉 still off injured at the min and really bored so that doesnt help matters 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

well if you decide to part with it let me know 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

haha i dont think i will mate. tho i was eying up the peregrine on classifieds. i tend to use the roadie in summer and the crosscheck thru the winter and for playing on with big tyres on 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

its almost summer so you don't need the cross check 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

i probably dont your right but you wouldnt want my build and im sure its not your size , probably 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

well id only want the frame and poss forks so you could build up the singular….and I'm 5' 10

firestarter
    Free Member

so am i . no stop it (what they worth btw)

firestarter
    Free Member

actually ive just been to look at my crank and noticed a slight problem with the plan of swapping frames over. id not only need disc brakes but id need new wheels too so its gonna have to stay in my house im afraid . i will look after it for you tho 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

(what they worth btw)

i dont know? if you change your mind about selling or have a price in mind let me know-what size is it?

id not only need disc brakes but id need new wheels too

thats a good problem! could keep the surly fork and run fixed at the back?

firestarter
    Free Member

i think as i have such a good problem id better keep it 😉 so long as i forget about the fact ive a set of 29er disc wheels on my karate monkey lol

if i decide to sell i'll let you know first mate
    mick

firestarter
    Free Member

oh and fixed ?? crazy fool lol tried it sacked it

fontmoss
    Free Member

fair enough, email in profile if think of punting it-still dont even know if its the right size!

happy hunting at the shop

firestarter
    Free Member

its a 54 mate iirc fits me anyway and im 5 10

cheers

fontmoss
    Free Member

tease

firestarter
    Free Member

lol

firestarter
    Free Member

got a 38t that should fit 🙂 and a load of other stuff i dont really need 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

here it is fontmoss

epicyclo

Mine's now dressed for summer 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

cool! interesting cable routing

epicyclo

It's a right pain finding non-aero brake levers these days, but they give a better curve to the cable and smoother release for canti brakes.

I figure I'll never be fast enough to benefit from the aerodynamic qualities of aero brake levers 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I can only assume epicyclo is referring to the ti pompino that I posted to the group. I only had it as a brief taster to see what it was like compared to a standard steel pompino because I'd ridden about amillion miles ona normal one.

**** brilliant was my judgement on it. I loved my pompino but that Ti thing went downhill like it had a rocket on the back!!!

epicyclo

samuri – Member
    …**** brilliant was my judgement on it. I loved my pompino but that Ti thing went downhill like it had a rocket on the back!!!

I think they only made one, and your pic looks very much like it was when I bought it.

Definitely a brilliant bike. Less of a rocket downhill with me on it though 🙂

Shame they didn't make general production, because it has to be the perfect do it all bike.

fontmoss
    Free Member

ah all is revealed

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘ss cross flickr group’ is closed to new replies.