Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SS chainring hassle
  • badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

I’m having a bit of trouble finding a replacement chainring for my SS.
    I don’t know the crank make as the logo’s have worn off, but it seems to be HT2 middle ring compatible.
    I’ve tried a Salsa ring from Charlie the Bikemonger, but the inside diameter where it mates with the spider is too big (even though it is 104PCD).
    Mine and HT2 seem to be exactly 88mm diameter, whereas others seem to be dia 90mm or could be 3 9/16″?
    Nowhere seems to recognise that there are 2 options within the 104PCD chainring world.

Any advise where I can get a non-ramped 32t 104PCD ring that has an 88mm inside diameter?

MarkSS
    Free Member

Blackspire mono Veloce from CRC?

Just measured mine and the insides are slightly curved to match the crank spider curves. closest point of the insides are 88mm rising to 90mm in the absolute centre.

jonb
    Free Member

No, but my shimano cranks had a bit that stuck out on the spider that meant you could only put shimano rings on. I just filed it off. Is that an option?

Otherwise I would recommend having a look at sjs cycles website but you’ll have to call them for that kind of detail.

charliedontsurf

Sounds like it’s a shitmano crank with the joy killer tabs. Just file them down. Or try the salsa in the outer ring position?

Shackleton

I run mine in the outer position as it looks nicer! But when I ran it in the middle on an older set of cranks I did have to do some modification to a supposedly industry standard crankset to get the correct shape for a good fit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SS chainring hassle’ is closed to new replies.