• This topic has 51 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by taka.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • SS build, which way should I go!!! Show me yours!!
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

My Sanderson Soloist which after twisting my knee v badly last night on some ice will probably be unridden for the next couple of weeks 😥

clunker

My Cotic Simple:

Bernaard
    Free Member

I was very sceptical re SS'ing, but tried it, loved it and my fitness has improved dramatically.
    Only really use FS and gears in the Peak District now.

NormalMan

Retro flavour here right down to the clips and straps:

stevek
    Free Member

Here's mine, '08 Moots Rigormootis. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

That's a nice looking bike stevek.

edit: Just checked the price out, jebus!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

New school, logo love, I must consume.

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

I really thought I wanted to go retro… I have even bought a clockwork frame…. but now I am just confused by the options out there.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

It's like Charlie says, a better frame and parts won't necessarily be more fun…

I've got a reasonably pimp ss now, which I love, but in all honesty it's not really any more fun than my first cheap heavy ss was. In fact, my favorite ride ever was probably on that bike – despite it weighing a ton, the forks being too heavy for me to pop up over anything, it being v-brake only and the gear being too hard – it made me grin!

My new one is a bit more versatile (i.e. I can actually ride this one up hills!), but that first ss improved my riding in no end and got me well and truely hooked!

My advice would be do it cheap (and retro if that's what you fancy) and then throw some more money at it once you're hooked – it somehow feels more satisfying that way!

Obviously it's up to you though – just don't spend too long dithering – get stuck in! :mrgreen:

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

Well I now have 2 retro frames to choose from as I couldn't find anything, then got 2 options at once so took them.

1: A 21" Clockwork purple and orange fade with forks, apparently 91/2, looks cool and in good condition frame wise but paint has seen better days.

2: A 19" P7 Nickel, which I haven't received yet, but has stem, HS, BB and crank. Looks nice on pictures.

Although I was very pleased with the Clockwork, I don't know if I can bring myself to powder coat it, as I always wanted one like this as a kid. I think the P7, with it been newer might give me the best result. Has anyone ever had a frame re-nickled?

Now to start buying all the other parts I need.

taka
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘SS build, which way should I go!!! Show me yours!!’ is closed to new replies.