Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sripped aluminium frame – raw or polished you decide!
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Frame already paint stripped and smoothed out with 1500 grit, have polished most of it but cant decide whether polishing looks a bit 1990’s or whether to scotchbrite/brush it.

What ya reckon?

matt_outandabout

Polishing looks great IMO.

scaredypants

polished

… at first, then gradually –> raw

sandwicheater

Road bike, polished.

Mountain bike, raw. Polish will look crap all to quick in the winter mud/grit. .

billytinkle
    Free Member

I left mine raw, but I’m finding that sweat is causing a few stains on it that don’t wash off. Thinking of spraying the frame with something like plasti-kote clear.

ricky1
    Free Member

Polished with decals though,that’s the question?

Simon

Was it hard work getting the paint off?
    The paint on Mmmbop is rapidly falling off with no help from me, so I’ve been thinking about taking it all back to raw aluminum…..

wwaswas

Raw. My Liteville looks lovely, not too shiny – use some Scothbrite to give it a brushed look.

cjr61

I’d leave it Raw…. I am!

on a slight hijack PSA I found http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-paint-varnish-stripper/17091 to be the best and cheapest option. Slap it on, leave for an hour, slop another on, leave bit longer, bit more slopping, forget about it over night, remember in the morning, drag out the pressure washer and 20mins later clean raw frame! nice!

mattjg
    Free Member

raw

pics please

RustyNissanPrairie

went with Raw/slightbrushed, my 1500 grit smoothing wasn’t good enough in the light of day.

Pics when built

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sripped aluminium frame – raw or polished you decide!’ is closed to new replies.