Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sram xx1 any body got stock?
  • downhilldave

As above please, been looking but no joy. I know Crc have it but would like more than 10% discount. A mate bought from the States but was stung for customs duty, think its the same from Germany

nigelb001
    Free Member

You will not pay duty or VAT buying from Germany if you are in UK, just postage.

downhilldave

Cheers nigelb001 might have to go that route

frank4short
    Free Member

So you really want the brand new latest and greatest, now. Except you’re not prepared to pay even close to RRP or import taxes?

This sound about right…

oregon29
    Free Member

from what i’ve seen the lynchpin is getting the xD freehub for your rear wheel depending on what that wheel is

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

Well said Frank! here here!

andytherocketeer

Was looking at this the other day (more out of curiosity than anything).

Bike24 in Germany were listing some cranksets and chains and BB in stock, but no shifters or mech or cassette.

No clue if it’s possible to mix+match 10+11sp in the mean time? (ie 11sp chain+rings, 10sp everything else)

Big money though. Well out of my range.

only 19% VAT in Germany though, compared to 20% in UK 😉 and B24 list the groupset with a discount, despite being “delivery unknown”

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I found delivery unknown with the German sites to mean delivery never!

I think XX1 seems to be in big demand and selling quick where anyone gets it in.

downhilldave

So Frank, do you always pay full price for everything you buy? Why not look out for a good deal, what you save you can spend on other bits. 😉 Cheers Andy will have a look on their web site

njee20
    Free Member

No clue if it’s possible to mix+match 10+11sp in the mean time? (ie 11sp chain+rings, 10sp everything else)

Yes, but no real advantage to using an 11 speed chain, 10 speed will work fine with the XX1 chainset though.

tomhoward

So Frank, do you always pay full price for everything you buy? Why not look out for a good deal, what you save you can spend on other bits.

You have 10% off RRP, which is a sizeable chunk of cash on that groupset, yet this just isn’t good enough? Clearly it will sell at full rrp, why would anyone discount it?

downhilldave

Found a full groupset in Germany for £reasonable, just need to translate when I get home. No phone and limited Internet in Borrowdale 🙄

honourablegeorge

tomhoward – Member
    You have 10% off RRP, which is a sizeable chunk of cash on that groupset, yet this just isn’t good enough? Clearly it will sell at full rrp, why would anyone discount it?

10% clearly isn’t good enough, when it can be had cheaper. Why would you pay more?

UK RRP is £1010 – Groupset can be had below at 959 EUR – that’s £827.

http://www.bike-components.de/products/info/p32562_XX1-Trigger-Gruppe-1×11-ohne-Naben-Modell-2013-.html?xtcr=2&xtmcl=

downhilldave

Cheers Tim, will check those sites out. Whats the problem looking for a good deal guys.The German site is nearly 25% off. Think I nearly have the moon on a stick, just takes a little help from like minded friends

the_lecht_rocks

my dealer is still waiting for my cassette………has everythin else……grrrrrrrrr 😈

njee20
    Free Member

Due on the 29th apparently.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sram xx1 any body got stock?’ is closed to new replies.