Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram XX RD cage snapped – need spare part
  • bruceonabike
    Free Member

Snapped the cage on my XX rear mech tonight. Anyone know how to get hold of a replacement part without buying a whole new mech?

njee20
    Free Member

Depends which part. A whole cage is available (SKU: RDPSXX008) it’s £186 (seriously), an “outer cage and cage pin” is also available (SKU: RDPSXX006) for £76. Both in stock with Fishers.

I’d be looking for a new mech…

Tweakie
    Free Member

the jockey wheels are ceramics, so the price doesn’t surprise me.

I have a complete mech if you’re looking for the whole thing…
    £100 and in really good condition.

There is one on eBay at the minute for £90 start price ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sram-XX-10-speed-Rear-mech-with-nearly-new-KCNC-jockeys-/231459526159?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item35e410160f ) and frankly it looks like it’s been thrown down the trail, especially for the sale. (and he’s obviously done a bunch of miles on it as the original jockeys are gone, replaced with that KCNC sh*te when he was too tight to buy the ceramics again) so it’s had a hard life… Mine hasn’t. 🙂
    I can also post today or tomorrow, depending on if/when you want/need it.

Tweakie
    Free Member

if you thought your xx cage was a little fragile, don’t cycle in the wind with one of these.

njee20
    Free Member

the jockey wheels are ceramics, so the price doesn’t surprise me.

The jockey wheels are a joke, ceramic bearing or not they’re hideously overpriced. I killed mine in a 4 hour race. Certainly didn’t buy SRAM replacements! Clearly you’ve bought the hype, but a hybrid ceramic bearing doesn’t cost £100.

A Cycles have mechs for £135, which would be a better bet!

l had a carbon cage like the one in the link on an XTR mech years ago, worked perfectly. Not like it has to do much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram XX RD cage snapped – need spare part’ is closed to new replies.