Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SRAM XX – anyone use it, is it good, does it last?
  • bol

I’ve been offered what seems like a reasonable deal on a lightly used XX drivetrain. I’ve read the reviews and like the sound of it, but am slightly(!) concerned about the cost of replacing the cassette when I wear it out. Has anyone got any XX stories to share, and has anyone run it with an XT or SRAM PG1070 cassette?

flyingfox
    Free Member

Running it with an XT cassette is fine. Bear in mind that the lower end SRAM cassettes don’t come in 11-36 however. Ain’t used it yet myself though..sorry!

njee20
    Free Member

Been using it for a year now, it’s good, wasn’t worth the premium over other groupsets last year though. The jockey wheels died in one gritty 3 hour race (that’ll be £120 please for OEM ones), the big ring is well dead (TA/Shimano last far longer), the chain is stretched and I’d be stunned if it’s not killed the cassette, but it’s done a season, so that’s fair enough.

The brakes are fantastic in use, tonnes of power and modulation, but have needed constant fiddling, bleeding and rebuilds to keep them working, which even then has still been dubious at times. Saying that, they’ve been spot on for the last couple of months.

2×10 is great, but unless the bike is super pimp elsewhere, or it’s a stonking deal I’d be inclined to spend the money elsewhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SRAM XX – anyone use it, is it good, does it last?’ is closed to new replies.