Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sram xd freehub
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Hi all,

Got a dt350 boost rear hub… Can anyone show me the correct freehub to buy to run an Eagle cassette please?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

the 1×11 and 1×12 sram free hub are the same

chilled76
    Free Member

Are the ones for 350 and 240 the same?

chilled76
    Free Member

That says 142 and is out of stock.

Is the 142 one the same as one for a boost hub?

Also what’s the difference between the ratchet and 3 pawl ones?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ignore me 😀

hatter

The ratchet ones fir the higher end hubs and wheels that use the DT Star ratchet systems (i.e. 350 and 240)

The Pawl ones are for the OEM hubs that come on DT’s lower end complete wheels, i.e. 1900’s.

joemmo
    Free Member

Is the 142 one the same as one for a boost hub?

it should be, Mike’s link should give you the correct part number. FWIW the cheapest price I found for these was from a french seller on eBay. Will try and find the link. If you have the ratchet hubs then it might be worth getting the 36T version. It makes a lovely buzz 🙂

vincienup
    Free Member

The actual free hub between 142 and 148 will be the same. What may not be is the endcap. DT do make a specific Boost hub as well as a convertor adaptor to retro-Boost a 142 hub.

Here’s a table of DT Swiss part numbers for ratchet XD freehubs. The 142 and 148 part numbers are the same so you should be fine.

benpinnick

142 and 148s are the same (inc. end caps)

chilled76
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Hatter has offered me one that should fit. Just waiting to hear back from him.

steadyeddy
    Free Member

sorry to hi-jack but if Chilled76 is sorted and anyone else has one knocking around for 142-12 plz let me know. Does anyone know if the end caps are different? There’s a hub for sale with no endcap on ebay, but I was wondering if I could use the existing one (currently have shimano free-hub) Cheers

momo

The end caps are different

steadyeddy
    Free Member

Thanks, thought they would be!

sillyoldman

142 and 148 run the same endcaps as the hub shell takes up the 6mm width difference.

Steadyeddy – if you have a Shimano one with 12mm endcap in good nick, I can swap for a brand new XD freehub and endcap? Email in profile.

daver27
    Free Member

SteadyEddy, do you need the star ratchet version or the 3 pawl one? i have the latter

sillyoldman

Mine is star ratchet.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sram xd freehub’ is closed to new replies.