Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SRAM x9 type 2 mechs
  • dab

Currently running a stumpy evo and considering
    removing the chain guard in favour of a type 2 mech

Anybody done this and can comment ??
    Cheers

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well I’m starting down this path right now, it did ok today, got pretty rough, skipped to diff sprocket at the back I think, but I didn’t lose it. My chain is one link too long at present as well.

Bike is a Meta AM btw

peasant
    Free Member

Running 2×10 on x9 type 2 been faultless for 2 months no chain drops at all

dab

Decision made – better get one ordered up soon

ska-49
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2×10 setup on my Kona. Not had any issues. Nice and quiet too!

philwarren11
    Free Member

2×10 type 2 and chain guide on my 2013 stumpy evo, works really well.

warns74
    Free Member

Also running 2×10 with an x9 type 2 mech for about 2 months. Totally silent (on HT clockwork 29) and no chain drops at all. Deffo recommended.

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Been running one (2 x 10) for about 6 weeks with no problems. Nice fast and quiet gear changes too!

dab

Cheers all for the advice

New mech ordered at the LBS
    Plus it gave me an excuse to buy some new shorts and
    soft shell

KevinPP
    Free Member

Ran my Camber with X9 Type 2, 1×10, with no problems over the winter. Now that the trails are dry and fast though I started losing the chain off the front ring on 3 or 4 occasions when running in the smallest sprocket. Fine in the other gears but annoying when you’re blasting your favourite singletrack. Have now, reluctantly, added a chain guide and problem sorted.

amt27
    Free Member

Ran my Camber with X9 Type 2, 1×10, with no problems over the winter. Now that the trails are dry and fast though I started losing the chain off the front ring on 3 or 4 occasions when running in the smallest sprocket

exact same problem here, but I reckon it is down to changing up a gear (to a smaller cog) and not pedalling through, so the tension isn’t there in the chain, agree?

KevinPP
    Free Member

ant27 – See what you’re saying but mine has been when I’m already in the smallest cog but maybe not pedalling for a few seconds. So definately down to chain tension, but I think it just finds it difficult to cope with the full range of gears. Heard it try and jump off a few times since fitting the chain guide but it’s been doing it’s job perfectly.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

2×10 on my 29er Hardtail,Type 2 mech..Not lost the chain

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SRAM x9 type 2 mechs’ is closed to new replies.