Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sram X9 rear mech owners
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

I have had problems with the last 2 mechs having seized bottom (tension) jockey wheels – destroying the cages when pulled into the spokes or cassettes.
    After browsing CRC i found these jockey wheels for £3
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=885

They fit a treat and are free rotating, hopefully solve the problem

avalanche
    Free Member

Dismantle and regrease from time to time will extend life.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its not the bearing causing me issues its the metal bushing/dust cover getting grit under and mixing with said grease – these are then jamming solid so the bearing doesn’t have the opportunity to turn (if that makes sense)

MussEd
    Free Member

which one ralph? There are several options on that page, I’m after the same{Tried to buy some of you remember?} and this would be an ideal solution…

soma_rich
    Free Member

I gave up on SRAM rear mechs for this problem alone. There Jockey wheels suck. Shimano ones are FAR superior. My new XT shadow rear mech is lovely 🙂

trailmonkey

Nice one, thanks for the heads up 8)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

muss ed – i replied to you mate – have two bottom ones you can have for a tenner if you want?? If not its the hone one

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its a known problem with Sram mechs. Can’t help with a solution though other than changing to Shimano!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I run either X9 or X0 and have never had any of those problems. Not sure why others do!

I do clean and look after my bikes, though.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I run either X9 or X0 and have never had any of those problems. Not sure why others do!

We ride more than you?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

so which of the 2.99 options from that page actually fit?!!

bassspine
    Free Member

Never had a problem with mine either. I do flake off the dried mud once in a while.

(washing bikes is bad – it washes the goodness out :-))

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

soma, maybe I just spread the love around my bikes more…! 😉

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Ive got a pre production original X9 thats put in miles for years and ive never had the problems you guys are saying, that said once a year i strip down the mech clean and re-grease.

MussEd
    Free Member

RR – just what I need, top jockey wheel is fine. Thanks for heads up.{mine lost some teeth when hitting a rock at the same time as mis-shift by pal – wee ring front/wee ring back}

racing_ralph
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Member

its the hone one

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

No problem with my X9 and I ride plenty.I switched to sram because i wanted to switch to gripshift. Had a XT rear mech before and that was good aswell.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

It isthe peak grit mixed with wet lube that is causing the issue i think. No lube on the bottom wheel would be best i reckon

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have found that mine seized and after freeing it up they have been fine till i get a new one. I have thought about getting replacement bearings but i intended to get the bbb ones when i next need a new one.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sram X9 rear mech owners’ is closed to new replies.