Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SRAM X9 Rear Mech from Merlin
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Is the one from Merlin (9 speed version, THIS) the one with the new style jockey wheels? I rang them up but the guy didn’t know, just said they were last years.

I can’t believe how expensive they are now.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Anyone?

gamo
    Free Member

Newer style one has cut outs in the jockey wheels and and a slimmer cage, that looks like a 08/09 rather than 10. Could just be an old picture though.

GEDA
    Free Member

I found out that the thread that goes into the rear mech hanger seems to be made out of a very soft type of cheese as my mech hanger was kind of fine but the mech trashed as the threads had been smoothed rather. I thought it was meant to work the other way around???

Northwind

Merlin are pretty bad for putting up the wrong pics tbh so I wouldn’t put too much faith in it.

Re the threaded bit for the mech hanger- you can change that part with another mech, so try and find someone with a scrapped X9 mech of the same model, voila. Luckily for me someone sold me a bent mech on the classifieds here 🙄 which is a pain but at least gave me some spares to get another one back in action.

thebunk

MRanger156, did you end up finding out the answer to this?

Ta,

thebunk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X9 Rear Mech from Merlin’ is closed to new replies.