Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • SRAM X9 rear cage, where can I get one?
  • Leadfold

I have bent the cage on my otherwise functioning SRAM X9 rear mech. Does anyone know where I can buy just the two pieces of the cage?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

tick – need to know also

prefer a short or medium cage

Leadfold

Prefer long cage, maybe medium cage.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if i find a short or medium you can have my long cage?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if i got a short cage x7 – is the cage removeable and changeable?

XC_PK
    Free Member

Second hand X9 long cage mech, That way you have a full set of spares! £30 posted? Can do pics if interested.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The cages are all removable (inside and outer – the inner – bit attached to top mech- is effing tricky requires a vice and two people and some fiddling – or more skill than I have).
    POster can you not straighten in a vice?
    Is the same as this X0 to remove the trick is to wind it back to remove the tension and get it at the correct point and pull apart – my e-mail in profile if you really need to know how to do this _ I have pdf file bookmarked at work on this you might !!
    FWIW – all the gubbings are interchangable – screws, springs , top halfs etc
    X9, X0- and X7 are all the same cage shapes – well abit different but they all fit together.
    Of no real use to anyone but I have the top half of an X9 if required

coatesy
    Free Member

Priced one up for a customer recently,cost almost as much as a complete mech. Fishers are the importer, and they deal with pretty much every LBS in the country, try yours and they should be able to get you one.

Leadfold

Thanks for all the ideas.

Seems trying to straighten it is the only cheap option. I will give it a go.

Leadfold

Thanks for all the ideas.

Seems trying to straighten it is the only cheap option. I will give it a go.

Andy
    househusband

As an aside; I got so sick of bending X9 rear mechs that I went back to Shimano and tried the SLX. Much, much stiffer cage and a far more minimal mech profile. Have been pleasantly surprised by the shifting, too.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I need to resurrect this as i bent the removable half of my cage today – grrrrr

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

all part numbers are available on the sram website here and your lbs should be able to order them. (FYI the importers are terrible at following up small requests)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

to buy from fishers the inner cage is £55

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

nice

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X9 rear cage, where can I get one?’ is closed to new replies.