Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SRAM X9 – front shifter – "jumps" the click going from middle to big ring
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just trying to sort out my front shifter – for some reason it’s clicking from the little to the middle ring, but appears to be about to click when going from middle to big, then “jumps” the click and doesn’t shift at all…

The only thing where I suspect I might have messed up was when it was clamped in the bike stand, and I tried shifting it, I realised I’d clamped the shifter cable as well and may have forced it. However, the first click to go to the middle ring appears to be completely positive – but it doesn’t grab for the next shift up.

Any ideas that don’t involve taking the thing apart of what it might be?

It was fine the last time I used it…which was a while ago. Cable tension appears fine…I fear I have broken something internally when I forced it the first time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

IME cannot be rebuilt when taken apart.
    Have you thought about buying a double and bash 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have you thought about buying a double and bash

I think a new shifter is in order mate…I can’t be doing with the whole double and bash thing 😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5lab

i’ve got a brand new x9 front shifter sitting in a box somewhere. PM me with an offer if you want it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X9 – front shifter – "jumps" the click going from middle to big ring’ is closed to new replies.