Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SRAM X9 10 speed rear mech – take apart / disassemble?
  • Stevelol
    Free Member

Hi all

I broke the cage on my SRAM X9 10 speed short cage rear mech the other day, I have just got a 2nd hand replacement through the post which I was just going to replace the broken one with, but the whole parallelogram on the replacement is a little bit wobbly (wasn’t mentioned in the description and is important imo) so I want to see if I can just swap the cages over.

On this link: http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/rear-derailleur-overhaul it shows a little screw to remove that stops the cage from rotating, however this isn’t there on my 10 speed mech, it just has a little plastic lip as part of the knuckle that stops the cage rotating.

Is there any way to take apart the cage on this mech?

Stevelol
    Free Member

No ideas? 🙁

ThePinkster

Which part of the cage did you break, the front or back plate?

Stevelol
    Free Member

front plate, the shorter piece.

ThePinkster

Ah right. Not done that one then I’m afraid. If I get the chance I’ll check out mine and see if I can suss it out.

strike
    Free Member

I don’t think you can strip down/remove the outer cage on the X9, unlike the X0. As I recall, there is the removable limit bolt on the cage, unlike with X0. Without being able to remove the limit bolt, you won’t be able to spin the cage around to de-tension the spings and then remove the cage. However……you could also wall drill out the fixed limit screw and make up a replacement with a another bolt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X9 10 speed rear mech – take apart / disassemble?’ is closed to new replies.